Beautiful Eyes

Celine didn't remember where she read about how a human body could handle twenty bones being broken at the same time- and how  a woman experienced much more pain during labor. All of that seemed pointless, nothing could brace her for the pain she experienced  giving birth to her own child.

"We love our children so much because we know the pain we felt as we tried to deliver  them to this world." Her grandmother had told her the week before Celine's due date.

Celine groaned, sweat decorated her forehead as she mustered all her strength to push once more. It seemed like the baby didn't want to make its way to the world, like it knew that it was a world full of suffering.  Celine shook her head, she couldn't anymore. She couldn't push any longer. She was giving up.

"I can't." She breathed out, her mother pushing back the loose strands of hair that slipped from her bun. Her mother whispered in her ear, encouraging her daughter to go on. She knew Celine was strong enough. She could conquer the world and she could deliver the baby. Celine looked at her mother, she was tired. She had been in labor for what seemed forever, but it really had been almost thirteen hours. Her mother nodded, squeezing her hand tightly.

"Your father wouldn't have wanted you to give up." Sofia whispered in her daughter's ear, her lips leaving a small kiss on her forehead, "Do it for him." Celine closed her eyes, feeling another contraction shoot right through her. Tears were strolling down her cheeks, as she took deep breathes and continued to push. The veins on her neck were prominent, as she strained herself. It seemed like a lifetime until she finally heard the soft cries. As the baby was welcomed into the world.

Celine let out a sigh in relief, leaning her head back. Choked up tears replaced the sweat, as she her chest fell and rise catching up with her breath. She closed her eyes hearing the cries, that made her heart skip a beat and chills corse through her.

Celine looked up to meet eye to eye with the doctor that had delivered her baby, "It's a girl!" Celine swallowed hard, taking how small her daughter was. She still covered in the oils that protected her skin in her mothers womb, "Does the mommy want to meet her?" The nurse finally asked, as they began to slowly wipe the greasy like substance off her. Celine nodded, wanting to hold what her and Paulo made.

And there laid this small doll. She seemed so fragile, as if Celine was to touch it and she would fall apart. She was beautiful, she could easily say that she was one of the most precious little things she had ever laid eyes on, "Hi." Celine whispered, her fingers caressing her small cheeks. A small smile on her lips, as her fingers trailed over to her nose and then to a  full head of dark hair, "I'm your mommy." She continued.

Sofia stood their, her eyes brimming as she took in the sight of her daughter and her grandchild. It was such a sight to see. The way Celine looked at her daughter, the way her eyes glowed, breathing her in. The moment would be over soon as the social worker came in, with the papers Celine was to sign-  giving up her parental rights.

Celine held her daughter closer to her, when the social worker came in. As if she was scared that she would rip her away from her. The woman smiled, as she slipped the papers to Celine, highlighting where Celine would signature off her rights. Celine looked at that paper, it was so easy to give up a child. Yet, it was so hard to bring her into the world.

"I see you're taking a few moments with her." The social worker noted, "The couple is waiting to meet her." Celine felt a pain in her heart as she looked at the baby who was cuddled to her chest. She finally understood what her grandmother meant. She couldn't just give her daughter away. It seemed that she had gone through hell  and back to finally have her in this world for to give her up so easily.

"I would like some time." Celine spoke, her voice was hoarse from the strain of labor, "Alone." She finally stated when she saw that that social worker wasn't moving from her spot by the foot of the hospital bed. The woman nodded, leaving Celine with her daughter in her hold and her distress mother.