Away

Paulo felt empty, like if his heart was missing. A certain numbness in his being. He ached knowing that he was half away across the world without his girlfriend that as of right now wanted nothing to do with him.

Running a hand through his hair he sighed. Feeling his phone in his pocket, itching him- telling him to call her. To hear her voice, to remind her that he was sewed to her. Something in him told him that he shouldn't. That the call would go straight to voicemail, leaving him wishing he had never said those things.

It was in the heat of a moment thing. He didn't mean those things. He had never even thought of her age when they were together. It didn't matter to him, but what was said, was done. There was no way Celine was going to let him live this one down.

"Hey stranger." Antonella popped her head through the swing door that lead to the back yard where he was. Paulo looked up from his phone, acknowledging her presence. Antonella frowned, when Paulo returned his attention back to his phone, "Why the sad face?" Her green eyes were studying his feature. His eyebrows were furrowed and his lips were tightly sealed together.

Paulo sighed. Antonella wasn't exactly the person he wanted to vent to, when she was the blame that he was late to pick Celine up, "It's Celine." He spoke. The words had just spilled and he was talking to her, "We got in a fight."

Antonella nodded. Paulo was vulnerable and needing of a campion. Her wheels were spinning in her head. She never could quite see what Paulo saw in a sixteen year. She was young and way behind him in years, "I'm sorry." She uttered, "What happened?"

Paulo sighed, running a hand through his hair. He looked down at his phone, a picture if Celine on his lock screen. He remembered the day he decided to snap the picture of her. She was smiling, laughing. Her hair in a headband and a messy bun thrown on top, "I called her a child." He sighed, "I didn't mean to, but it just slipped out."

Antonella raised an eyebrow, biting her lip to prevent a snort from coming from her mouth, "You told her the truth?" She questioned. Antonella couldn't believe that that man. The man she fancied was mourning over his teen girlfriend, who was a child compare to him

Paulo turned to look at her. It might have been the truth that Celine was still a child. It had never mattered to until today. He had always seen over it, solely because he had fallen in love with her. The words had just fallen out of his lips, he didn't mean it. He was so angry, because Celine was giving him an attitude. That that it was the only way to hurt her, the way he was hurting him.

"That never mattered." 

Antonella rolled her eyes. She couldn't believe that he was so blind to see that Celine was actually holding him back. To live the life he deserved to live, with no one holding him back. Not even his child girlfriend, "Paulo, please," She scoffed, annoyed "Can't you see? She's a child compared to you! You have to live your li-" 

He was quick to cut his friend off, not wanting to hear it. He might have been in the worst of terms possible with his girlfriend, but there was no way he was going to let anyone disrespect her, "I'm not going to allow you to talk about her like that." He stated, his green eyes holding every single trace of anger. 

Antonella held in her breath and she counted to ten trying to collect herself for lashing out like, "I'm sorry, " She smiled, though if anyone knew better they would know it wasn't genuine. She despised Celine, "I didn't mean to offend anyone. All I'm trying to say is that you could so much better than having to spend your days with a child. Paulo, open your eyes can't you see that she's holding you back to live your life?" 

Paulo let out an angry sigh, pushing himself of his seat, "I appreciate your concern," He looked straight at her in the eye, trying to make sure the message was clear, "But my relationship with Celine is no ones concern but mine and Celine's" He walked away his phone in his hand, looking at her contact info.

Celine in Madrid felt that she was suffocating, she was force to look at her mother in the eye and pretend that she wasn't uncomfortable with her presence. Looking down at her phone, she wish to see her boyfriend's name pop up on her notification screen. As much as she was angry at him, he was truly the only she had. Stuffing the phone of the back pocket of her ripped skinny jeans, she padded down the stairs and into the living room of her family's house.

She felt her heart ache, feeling the emptiness she had felt when her father died. How could she had fallen so deep? How could she had let him ruin her the way he pleased and how was she remotely okay with it? How could she be okay with wanting to destroy herself by wanting to live her life at such a fast pace?

Celine sat looking at the stars, the same way she would years to come later when she would find him again. In a different way. How she would remember this day, because that's how she would feel. Empty, her heart aching and wishing he would come back and fill her up again. Destroy her the way he pleased. She would rather be at war with, knowing he would come back to her. Rather than have him missing her, aching for her and far away from her. 

She felt the vibration in her pocket. She felt her heart flutter, hoping it was her lover. Wishing to hear his sweet voice. The way his accent rolled of his tongue so beautifully. Hearing him say her name. The caller I.D rung 'P.D'. She swore he heart skipped a beat, knowing that it was him.

"Ho-" She was cut off before she could say anything else.

"Don't say anything. " Sighed, "I just need you to listen to me. I need you to know that I'm sorry." Paulo breathed out, his heart pounding in his chest, "I love you."

Celine sighed, her heart feeling alive again, she was breathing and she needed him, "I love you-"

Paulo smiled hearing her voice, "Around the world and to the moon and back." He laughed, "I love you that and much more."