Rewind Repeat It

"I thought you said the Sookie made like ten different cakes for your wedding?" I asked grabbing a Pop Tart out of the box on the counter.

"She did" mom said while she was pouring herself a cup of coffee

"So then why are there enough macaroons to fill a cruise ship sitting in our living room"

"Hello have you met Sookie? She said some people don't like cake so we needed to have an alternate dessert option."

"Who are these people? And why would they be invited to your wedding?"

"I asked the same thing, but then when I woke up I came downstairs this is what I found"

"And how exactly are they getting over to the town square?"

"Kirk"

I nodded understanding that was enough explanation for pretty much anything. "So are you ready to get married again?"

"Yes, I think it will really stick this time" she said smiling at her own joke.

"I'm really happy for you mom"

"I know you are kid" she said still smiling "you doing okay?"

"Not yet, but I will be"

"I know you will" she said with a knowing look "So the lady will be here to do our hair and makeup in a little over an hour, Grandma and Sookie should be here by then too."

"So we have a little over an hour what do you want to do?"

"Watch something romantic so we can get in the wedding mood?" she suggested.

"So the Red Wedding episode of Game of Thrones?"

"You read my mind" she said grabbing her coffee cup and heading to the living room.