Dreamers

"It's the last real surprise in life" Logan said pouring coffee from the carafe into their mugs.

"You're serious about this?" I said picking a grape from the bowl on the counter and popping it into my mouth.

"Yeah I mean think about it Ace, do you care one way or another?" he asked handing me the mug.

"You know I don't" I said inhaling the smell of the coffee.

"Well, I don't either."

"Everyone finds out the sex of the baby" I said matter of factly.

"We aren't everyone" he said smiling.

"You know with some blood tests you can find out as early as 10 weeks, Paris thinks it is ridiculous that we've waited this long."

"Paris is ridiculous" Logan stated.

"You really don't want to know?" I asked curiously.

Logan shrugged as he took the bowl of fruit and his coffee and walked toward the table "don't you think it could be fun?"

"My mother will hate it" I said following him.

"So will mine" Logan said with a wicked grin.

"Well that's an incentive."

"Exactly Ace and it's not that much longer that we have to wait" he said running his hands over my stomach.

"I know it seems like it all has gone by so fast" I said tracing my fingers over his hands, feeling a burst of warmth. This baby, the one I didn't know that I wanted was already something I knew that I needed. The whole feeling of becoming a mother was one that made me choke up and swell with pride- and it wasn't just the hormones talking.

"We still have to decide on names" Logan said quietly interrupting my internal monologue.

"I know" I said taking a seat at the table.

"What?" he asked joining me.

"It's just nerve wracking, a name is something that is going to be with them for the rest of their lives. I mean it could affect their personality, how people treat them, whether or not they get into a good school or get a job. It's a lot of pressure."

He didn't respond just chuckled at my musings.

"I'm just saying it's a big decision" I reasoned fidgeting with my mug on the table.

"You've got celebrities naming their kids after fruit I don't think you our kid is going to be judged based on their name" he pointed out.

"You know I went to school with a girl named Lemon."

"Lemon?"

"Everyone called her Lem" I said flatly taking another handful of grapes.

"I don't even want to know if you are serious."

"What if we decide and then the baby doesn't look like the name we picked out?" I said voicing one of my fears.

"We'll adjust" he reasoned.

"What if I'm doped up on painkillers?" I asked a little more frantically.

"Then I'll adjust" he said calmly.

"What if you're doped up on painkillers?"

"You're the one having the baby I will forgo the drugs Ace."

"How chivalrous" I said rolling my eyes "Finn already mandated that if it's a boy his name should be Finnegan and if it's a girl then her name should be Fiona"