Give Me Love

New York City- November 2015

I dialed his number the second I got the email. He picked up on the second ring.

"Hey Ace."

"Are you busy?"

"Always, but I'll make time for you."

"Don't I feel special. I just got word from the New Yorker. The article I was working on in London is going to be the Talk of the Town piece in their mid December issue." I said trying to contain the excitement in my voice.

"That's amazing Ace!"

"I know, I tried not to get too excited about it but I loved writing it. I mean it's the New Yorker. This could be huge, you know how huge this could be?"

"I know how huge this could be" he said with a quick laugh.

"Sorry I'm just excited."

"You should be Ace, this is exciting. We should celebrate."

"Oh yeah? What'd you have in mind?"

"Well I'm actually glad you called, because I actually have a proposition for you."

"A proposition? Intrigue. I'm all ears."

"Well I am going to be in the States coming up and I was kind of hoping that I could see you."

"I think we could arrange that" I flirted "when and where?"

"Well that's the thing, it's over Thanksgiving weekend. I didn't know if you had plans?"

"Nothing set it stone, what'd you have in mind?"

"A couple of nights at the Plaza, I have a couple of meetings that I have to go to but I thought we could do some touristy stuff that we both hate to love? Go to the Empire State Building or to the Met."

"You do realize that I live in New York right?"

"So you're above doing touristy stuff?"

"Never" I said with a quick laugh "I just mean we wouldn't have to get a hotel. You could just stay at my place."

"I would love to see where you live Ace, as long as it's not too much of an intrusion."

"Never, plus I owe you for letting me crash with you."

"You owe me nothing Ace."

My heart fluttered and I smiled "Well then it's decided, you'll send me your flight details when you have them?"

"Absolutely" his voice was deep and smooth "I'm looking forward to seeing you."

"Me too, I'll talk to you soon."

"Goodbye Ace."

We hung up the phone and I took a deep breath before dialing my mom.

"What do you think Tom Cruise is going to do to Leah Remini after her spilling all the sordid details about Scientology?"

"That's how you answer the phone?"

"I mean he made Katie have a silent birth for Suri, and he supposedly loved her. I can only imagine the sick torture that he is going to make Leah endure."

"Maybe strap her down and make her watch 'War of the Worlds'?" I suggested.

"Oooh that's good, Dakota Fanning screaming for two hours is enough to drive anyone insane" she agreed. "So what's new darling daughter of mine?"

"I have some news. Good and bad, which one do you want to hear first?"

"Hit me Savannah Guthrie."