1

It was a typical day for Princess Yan Da, competing with Prince Ka Suo and his envoy guardian in getting the Ice Leaves from the different tribes. She massaged her forehead. She could feel her head pounding. It felt like it was going to explode. She groaned in pain. It seems like the medicine she drank wasn't working at all. Sighing she got up and went out of her tent. Maybe a walk would help ease the pain she's feeling.

She walked into the forest, going straight to the middle of it. The scenery there is beautiful. It was full of fruit bearing trees and gorgeous flowers. Maybe I could take a nap in there too, she mused.

By and by she reached her destination, she smiled happily. It's truly breathtaking. Locating the only cherry blossom tree in there, she went to it and sat down under it. She let herself relax. It's so peaceful.

"I wish we have more days that's like this," she whispered into the air. Honestly, she hates the war between her tribe and the Ice Clan. It's hurting a lot of people. Someday, when I'm queen I'll change that, she thought. But for now, all I could do is follow my father's orders.

Little by little she felt tiredness seeping into her being. She hadn't had enough sleep for the past days. She was so busy in chasing and finding Ka Suo. Not to mention, battling him for the Ice leaves too. She yawned. Slowly, her eyes closed.

An hour had passed and the serenity of the atmosphere is disrupted. Not far from the sleeping fire princess a fight was ongoing. A masked man was fighting another man who's holding a child. He's severely injured. His shirt was soaked in blood seeping from the wound on his stomach. Miraculously, the child he's holding is still deep asleep despite the constant twirling and the noises from the ongoing fighting.

The man desperate to save his child quickly finished off his attacker. He knew that he wouldn't last. He had lost too much blood. Walking deeper into the forest, he spotted the sleeping fire princess.

He looked at her daughter who is barely two years old. He felt his tears fall. He knew this is the last time that he's going to see her. He hugged her tightly. Then, he kissed her on the forehead.

"I'm so sorry, my child. I wouldn't be here to see you grow up. I'm sure that you'll be beautiful like your mother. Goodbye, my little princess. I love you." He said while crying.

He then walked towards the sleeping fire princess. Carefully, so as not to wake her. He then gently put his child close enough to the princess. He knew that he could trust her even if she's a stranger. Their clan has the ability to detect good people.

Removing his necklace, he put it on his daughter. Light blue aura then enveloped Princess Yan Da and the child. The man smiled. "Please take care of her. She is now yours." He said, looking at Yan Da and then left.