4

Hearing Yun Fei's voice, Yan Da snapped out of her shocked state.

Facing him, she saw that he was curiously looking at her and Xiao Lian. She smiled.

"Put the food on the table and come here." she said. Yun Fei followed her orders, curiously studying the two.

"Princess Yan Da, I didn't know that you have a younger sister?" he asked when he was close enough to the two.

"You think she's my sister?" Yan Da asked, amused.

Yun Fei's forehead creased in confusion. "She's not?"

Yan Da laughed, stood up and then proudly said "No. Meet Xiao Lian, my daughter."

Yun Fei's mind had gone blank. What!? She has a daughter!? But, as far as I know she's not married... or committed to anyone. Who's the father?

His facial expression, now, must be something because the fire princess laughed louder than before. He felt his ears and face grew hot, blushing in embarrassment.

So cute, thought Yan Da. Her manservant could be really adorable sometimes.

______________

Xiao Lian silently observed the two. Mama seems happier when this person is around, she observed. She looked at her mama and noticed at how she looked at the man in front of them. Mama loves him, she concluded. She looked at him like mommy did at daddy.

She then looked at Yun Fei again, noticing that he was turning red. Xiao Lian blinked. "Are you alright mister? You're really red?" she asked. Making her mama laughed louder and the face of the man redder.

"I-Im fine, your highness," answered the man. Xiao Lian isn't convinced though. She saw that kind of red on someone's face before. It means being sick. So she reached out and put her palm on his forehead, checking for a fever.

______________

Yun Fei froze. He was confused at the act but then he saw the little one's concern eyes. Oh, she thought that I have a fever...

So, he stood still and let the little princess check on him. He let out a small smile. Yan Da's daughter is a sweet girl, he thought.

Yan Da silently watched the two, smiling. Secretly, enjoying the moment.

Meanwhile. Somewhere in the mortal realm...

A lone figure could be seen swiftly walking towards an eerie castle.

Entering the castle, he immediately went in front of his lord.

"Milord," he said, bowing.

"Ah, perfect. You have returned. So, what news did you bring? Good ones I hope." said the masked man in front of him.

"Of course milord. I wouldn't be here if it's not," the informant replied.

"Proceed." Said the king, commanding him to go on.

"King Ruo Yun is dead. We found his body not far from his kingdom. His people were executed and killed at sight."

"All of them?" The king delightfully asked, already celebrating inside his mind.

"Yes, your highness. Men, women and children no one was spared as you've instructed."

The king evilly laughed. Finally, he thought. The kingdom of Cosmic is mine!

The informant bowed then left. When he was out of there, he smirked. Enjoy it while you can, you bastard! Because she'll return to us someday. Our rightful queen and your doom.