14

The next day...

Yan Da was nervous. She could feel her heart beating fast. Sweat glistening on her forehead. She couldn't calm down.

A lot of uncertainties and thoughts are running to and fro in her mind. The time has finally come. Shi and Xiao Lian would most likely see each other.

The fire princess bit her lip.

"Mama?" Xiao Lian called out, looking worriedly at her. Yan Da took a deep breath.

"It's nothing. Are you ready?"

The little girl nodded taking her hand.

"Let's go then," Yan Da said, going to the throne room.

___________________________

In the throne room...

Prince Shi and Princess Lan Shang were already there. Shi greeted his father and then went to his mother. Seeing her child already a grown up, Lotus became emotional hugging Shi tightly.

Lan Shang was on the side watching them. Quite happy for the younger Ice prince.

"Such a happy reunion but where is Ka Suo?" King Hou Yi asked, entering the scene.

"He would come after two days. He has to stay in the Mermaid Palace to recover a bit." Shi answered coldly.

Flame smirked. The coldness and anger in Shi's voice didn't go unnoticed by him. "I see."

Just then, the soldier announced the arrival of Princess Yan Da and Xiao Lian.

"Father," Yan Da said, meeting King Hou Yi's gaze while Xiao Lian let go of her mother's hand and ran towards the king hugging him. She hadn't see Shi yet.

Flame smiled (shocking most people in the room), ruffling the child's hair. "Did you miss me that much?"

The girl nodded, looking up to him. "I haven't seen you this past days." She answered pouting.

"Xiao Lian," The fire king said. "There are people I want you to meet." He then urged the girl to turn around.

The girl gasped meeting Shi's eyes. She looked at her mom. Yan Da just smiled holding her hand. She then pulled her towards Shi and Lan Shang.

"Xiao Lian, this is Princess Lan Shang. She's the princess of the mermaids."

Lan Shang, albeit still shocked that the fire princess has a child, smiled at the little girl. Xiao Lian, seeing her good nature, smiled back.

"And this is Prince Ying Kong Shi of the Ice Tribe," Yan Da stated. Voice trembling a bit.

Shi crouched down, meeting his daughter's eyes. He's a bit emotional as well. It had been weeks since he had last seen her.

"Hello, Xiao Lian," he said, smiling.

The girl looked like she was about to cry. She then launched herself at her father. Shi smiled hugging her back tightly. The other people in the room who didn't know the relationship of the two stared at them in surprise.

_____________________________

After the meeting...

King Flame went to his secret place to unwind. He sighed looking at the blue sky above him.

"Father."

"Is there something wrong?" He answered not looking at his son.

"Are you sure about your plan?"

Hou Yi smiled, hearing the disbelief in his son's voice. "Is it really that surprising?"

"Yes." Shuo Gang answered honestly.

"I'm surprise too." Flame stated. "But I realized that things couldn't go on like this forever. Things should change for the next generation."

"Xiao Lian changed your mind?" Shuo Gang said, joking.

King Huo Yi laughed, remembering his conversation with his granddaughter.

_Flashback_

It was in the middle of afternoon. Flame decided to go to the Ice Palace's veranda, thinking.

He already achieved his dream to gain control over the Ice Palace and rule over the three realms. Yet why does he felt so empty inside?

"Grandpa?" a child's voice then called out behind him.

"Xiao Lian." He replied, looking behind him.

"You look down. What's wrong?"

Flame smiled sadly. "I don't know."

The girl blinked, looking at the fire king intently. She then went beside him looking down. They could see the people below busy working yet they look so happy.

"Grandpa, can I ask you something?" said the child after a while.

"Hm?"

"Ruling the kingdoms, is it really what you want?"

Flames eyes widened, hearing that. "W-why did you ask?"

The girl looked at him. "Because you don't look happy at all."

She then hugged him. "Grandpa, I hope you realize things soon before everything is too late. I don't want to lose you. Mama and Uncle loves you too."

Hou Yi frowned not understanding her. The child then let him go, walking away a bit.

Meeting his eyes, she continued, "Nightmares are dreams too grandfather."

The child then left the bewildered Flame. The child's words echoing in his mind.

_Flashback ends_

"That brat is too wise for her age," The fire king stated still laughing.

Shuo Gang just smiled. Silently, agreeing with his father.

Suddenly, the serene atmosphere was disrupted by squeals and laughter.

Making the father and son look at each other, then look down from the balcony.

There, they saw Yan Da, Xiao Lian and Shi throwing snow balls at each other.

Hou Yi's eyebrow rose, noticing the trio's closeness.

"Tell me honestly Shuo Gang. Xiao Lian's father, it's Ying Kong Shi isn't it?"

Shuo Gang chuckled. "There's no hiding it from you, father."

"That's more reason to push through with the plan then. Go and convince Ka Suo to come back tomorrow. Inform also the other tribe leaders. I want it to be done as soon as possible."

"Of course, father. How about the Queen and the King of Ice tribe?"

"Don't worry about them just leave now and do what I told you." Flame said, dismissing him.

Shuo Gang nodded, leaving his father alone.