2

Yan Da was having a good dream. She's dreaming about her mother. They used to dance in the rain together. Sometimes they create and watch fireworks too. It made her smile and feel nostalgic.

She misses her mom. She was always there to comfort and encourage her whenever she needed it. She trained her on how to use her whip. She also thought her the importance of love and friendship.

Sometimes she wondered how her mother ended up with her father. They were so opposite. Her mom was full of love and care. While, her father is greedy and full of hate. He saw everyone either as his enemy or just a tool for his plans. He has no care for others at all if they do not benefit him.

One day, she did ask her mom as to why she continued staying with her father. Her mother's answer was, "My little princess, someday you'll find that person who'll make your heart beat faster and will make your world upside down. He'll have his own faults and bad decisions but you'll still love and accept that person anyway."

Yan Da just looked at her mother in confusion when she heard her answer.

Her mom laughed then said," You'll understand someday."

       __________________________________

Yan Da then slowly become conscious but she didn't open her eyes yet.

"Mom," Yan Da muttered. "I miss you." She said, feeling the tears streaming down her cheeks. It had been years when she died but from time to time Yan Da still cries about her. She was the only one who truly cared for her. Unlike, her father and brothers who constantly underestimate and bully her.

Yan Da let her tears fall. She knew that she is alone. She could let it all out. So, she was surprise when she felt two small hands brushing her tears away. Opening her eyes, she found two big brown, innocent and worried eyes looking at her.

It's a human child, she realized and a very young one at that.

"Sad?" asked the child who continued to brush her tears away. Yan Da blinked. She didn't know how to react. What's a young human doing here? She silently asked. Noticing the blood on the child's shirt, her eyes widened. She quickly checked on her, looking for any injuries. When she found nothing, she sighed in relief.

She studied the toddler. She's so cute. She has big round eyes, chubby cheeks and cute pink lips.

How is she here though? I'm sure a child this young wouldn't wander into the forest. Looking around, she spotted a trail of blood. It then clicked.

Yan Da's eyes widened in realization. She doesn't need to follow the trail. She understood and knew what happened. She looked at the young girl, feeling sorry for her. She's too young. Poor child.

"Hello," She said, picking the girl up. The girl looked at her smiling. Yan Da smiled back. "I'm Princess Yan Da and I'll be taking care of you from now on," she had decided. Besides, she had always wanted to be a mother.

The girl laughed and hugged her tightly as if she understood what she had just said. Unknown to her, the child did understand her. Her mind is more advance than the usual kids around her age. She was after all from the clan who had the wisest and most advanced people. Unfortunately, she's now the only one left from her clan. Her people were killed by the ones who feared, hated and envied their abilities.