7

It's not only them though, who decided to take a break. Ka Suo and Li Luo decided to go to the Dream Catchers Festival too. Although before sight-seeing, they decided to see Xing Jiu first.

"Prince Ka Suo and Li Luo!" called out Xing Jiu. "I didn't know that you were coming."

"It's okay Xing Jiu. It was a random decision." Ka Suo told his friend. "and I'm glad that we did come, your festival is amazing."

Li Luo nodded in agreement. "The dream catcher decorations are really beautiful." She said, voice full of wonder.

Xing Jiu laughed. "I'm glad you loved it." He said, smiling sincerely. "Let's go and explore. I'll be your tour guide." Beckoning the two to follow him.

Ka Suo and Li Luo were enjoying themselves. Xing Jiu had directed them towards a booth full of different kinds of food. He said it came from the different parts of the mortal realm. Li Luo was ecstatic. She had always wanted to try different cuisines.

She excitedly tried the ones that were on her side. Some were sweet, spicy and sour. She loved it. "Come on, Prince Ka Suo try some. They're delicious." She encouraged the Prince who was watching her in amazement, offering him a chicken leg to bite into. Ka Suo though hesitantly, took Li Luo's offer and bite down. His eyes widened. "It's good." He said, taking the leg from Li Lou and finished eating it.

"You too, Xing Jiu." Said Li Luo, offering some to the Dream Tribe's leader.

"Thank you," said Xing Jiu, accepting it.

"That looks good," said a child to them. Looking down, the trio spotted a young girl looking back at them. They blinked.

"May I have some?" the child asked politely. Li Luo smiled the child was adorable.

"Of course, sweetheart. Here you go," she said, giving her some.

The girl smiled. A deep dimple appearing on her left cheek. "Thank you."

"Are you here alone?" Xing Jiu asked the little one, studying her. She wasn't a local. "Are you perhaps lost?" he prodded.

The girl finished what she's eating before answering him. "I came here with my pa and ma. But I kind of lost them when I stopped for a while to pick up my toy."

The trio were pretty amazed by the young girl. She looked like she was barely two but she was calm and collected in this situation. Other children would already be crying.

Ka Suo looked at the child. Something was familiar about her. Maybe it's the eyes? They were so blue like Shi's. "Where did you last see them?"

The girl tilted her head, thinking. "Uh... the stall with masks!"

"Let's go then," Li Luo said. Lifting the young one in her arms. She couldn't help it. She's so cute.

"Okay! Thank you big sis." The girl said, kissing her cheeks. The trio grinned. The child was such a sweetheart.

They hadn't gone far though, when the girl heard her name being called out.

"Xiao Lian!" All of them heard.

"That's mom!" she informed the trio. "Nia, in here!" she shouted.

Not a minute later and they saw a woman coming towards them. The girl got off Li Luo, running towards her mother.

Ka Suo, Xing Jiu and Li Luo watched the two in shocked. They often met Princess Yan Da in the battle field, so they easily recognized her even in her current form.

Yan Da immediately hugged Xiao Lian when he was close enough to her. The trio could see the worry, fear and relief in her eyes.

"Xiao Lian, where were you? Don't do that again okay? You got us worried." Yan Da said looking her daughter in the eyes. Blinking the tears away from her eyes.

"I'm so sorry, Nia. I didn't mean to. Don't cry," Xiao Lian said, wiping her mom's tears." I'm really sorry," she said again, hugging her mother tightly.

The three who were watching them couldn't tear their eyes off them. Is that really Princess Yan Da? She has a  daughter!? Who's the father? were some of their thoughts.

"Sorry too," Yan Da said kissing Xiao Lian's forehead. "Don't ever let go of my hand or your dad's when we are in a crowded place like this, okay? So, that you won't get lost."

Xiao Lian nodded, smiling. "Ah, ma. They're the ones who helped me look for you," she said, directing Yan Da to the direction of the trio.

Ka Suo, Li Luo and Xing Jiu met Yan Da's gaze. You could feel the tension that enveloped them. If Yan Da was surprised, she didn't show it. She just let her daughter guide her towards them. "Thank you for accompanying and helping my daughter to find me," She said sincerely.

"Uh, your welcome," Li Luo answered. "She's a great kid." She added.

Yan Da smiled proudly. "I know."

"Princess Yan Da! Xiao Lian!" a voice then called out to the duo. All Ka Suo, Li Luo and Xing Jiu saw was a man that passed by them and hugged the two people in front of them.

"Pa!" said Xiao Lian, giggling. "Can't breathe!"

Yun Fei laughed and let go of the two. It was out of the character of him but he was really happy that he had found the two. So, he just went with his instincts and hugged them tightly. Not noticing that his mask had fallen.

The trio was watching the family with interest. So, he's the father, they thought. Though, they could only see the man's back. Slowly,  the man faced them when Xiao Lian pointed at them.

They gasped in shock. While, Yun Fei froze when he saw them. One thought running, in his mind. Why them of all people!?