9

Hearing the singing birds from the outside, Xiao Lian opened her eyes slowly. Rubbing her eyes, she looked at the person sleeping beside her. She blinked, noticing that it's her pa instead of her mom.

The little girl then got up carefully leaving the bed.

"Xiao Lian, where are you going?" said Yun Fei, stopping her.

The little girl pouted. A bit annoyed that she barely moved but she was already caught.

Yun Fei chuckled, picking her up. "If you're looking for your mom, you won't find her here. She went to the bear tribe."

"Oh." The little girl said, looking down. Yun Fei smiled, ruffling the girl's hair. "Don't be sad. We'll spend the day together."

He said, kissing the girl's temple. Xiao Lian laughed, hugging him. "Breakfast?" She told him.

"Breakfast it is." Yun Fei replied, getting up with Xiao Lian in his arms.

With Princess Yan Da and Prince Shuo Gang...

They are now at a meeting with the new king of the bear tribe, Hei Feng. Yan Da is bored not really paying attention to what the bear king is saying.

When they had arrived at the bear tribe, they immediately got ready to attack. However, they were surprised when the tribe welcomed them instead of retaliating.

So, here they are now in this awfully boring talk as Yan Da describe it. They only got her to pay attention when she heard the king say her name and propose to marry her.

Her eyes narrowed, pissed. "What makes you think that I'll willingly marry you?" She asked, gritting her teeth.

"Well to get the ice leaf of course." The arrogant king said. "Besides I've heard that no one dares to court you because of your feisty nature. You must be very lonely." He continued, throwing her a lewd smirk which made Yan Da angrier.

"You furry disrespecting arrogant beast!" She shouted about to throw a fireball at him when her brother stopped her.

"Calm down." he told her, meeting her eyes. He then faced the bear king who was smirking arrogantly at them.

"If I were you, King Hei Feng I'd watch my words or you'll find that tongue of yours rotting on the ground." He said, wiping the smirk off the king's face.

"Also, knowing my father I know that he'll accept your proposal. So, on his behalf I accept it." He continued, making the Hei Feng smile arrogantly.

"BROTHER!" Yan Da said, not believing what she had heard. Clenching her fist, she left the tent. Small tendrils of fire can be seen surrounding her form, showing how angry she is.

Meanwhile with Yun Fei and Xiao Lian...

The two are now in the forest with some of Yan Da's soldiers. Apparently, she left some of them to guard and watch over them.

Xiao Lian is happily playing with the cute little bunnies she found a while ago. Yun Fei smiled somewhat amazed. Mostly, bunnies ran away when they see people but these didn't. In fact, they had followed him and Xiao Lian until they've reached the middle of the forest.

They were also really eager to play with her. He also noticed the birds cheerfully dancing and singing around her. It seems like Xiao Lian has a natural affinity with animals.

Yun Fei suddenly stood up, though, going to his daughter when she noticed that her cheerful demeanor changed into a worried one.

"Xiao Lian?" he asked a bit worried himself. She looked up, meeting his gaze.

"Mommy's crying." She said, making Yun Fei's heart beat in worry.

At the same time...

Yan Da is in the river bank, crying her heart out. Her brother was right their father did indeed agree with the bear king's proposal.

"AAAAAA!" She shouted, making the water boil. "Why!? Why did I have to be born in this freaking tribe!? I hate it! All they care about is conquering more land, more power and all of that bullsh*T! I don't want to be the fire princess anymore!!!"

"Unfortunately for you, that can't happen," said a voice behind her.

Yan Da quickly wiped her tears when she heard his brother's voice. "What are you doing here?"

Shuo Gang smirked." To inform you that I've proposed a tournament to King Hei Feng for your hand in marriage."

"Why?" Yan Da asked, facing her brother.

"To give you a chance to get out of this deal." Shuo Gang said. "Luckily for you, he's so confident that he'll win so he accepted it. So, pull yourself together and get ready. The battle will be two hours from now."

After saying that, Shu Gang left.

2 hours later...

A loud cheering could be heard. Most are excited to compete and fight for the fire princess hand. Who wouldn't they saw how beautiful she is and they don't mind about her feisty nature. Actually, they love that about her. It even excites them.

Yan Da ignored their lustful stares. Her mind is concentrated on one thing to win this match. She will not let Hei Feng win who knows what he'll do if she found out about Xiao Lian when they're married. Besides, her heart already belongs to Yun Fei. She'll never marry anyone besides him.

"Let the battle begin!" Shuo Gang said, his voice vibrating into the crowd.

The crowd roared, fighting each other.

Thirty minutes passed, only few people remained. One of them is King Hei Feng. He's really determined to win. He then threw the others out of the ring. Meeting the fire princess eyes, he smirked.

Yan Da smirked too, wiping the one on Hei Feng's face. "Don't celebrate yet." She said, getting out of her seat. "You still have to defeat me!"

She then delivered a powerful kick on King Hei Feng's stomach, making him crouched down.

__________________________________________________

Yun Fei and Xiao Lian with Yan Da's soldiers just arrived at the bear tribe.

Xiao Lian insisted on going there. Yun Fei seeing her desperate eyes agreed. He was also worried about Yan Da.

When they entered the tribe, he was surprised that there's no one guarding the gate at all.

"Where are they?" he asked softly. Suddenly, they heard a crowd cheering.

Following the voices, they saw Yan Da fighting a big furry man. It looked like she's winning. Suddenly though, Yun Fei saw her opponent doing a dirty trick making her land hard on a table.

"MOM!" Xiao Lian worriedly shouted, getting the attention of the crowd. Yan Da's eyes widened spotting them.