3

Yan Da is now back in her tent. Glad that she had managed to get back without anybody seeing her. Putting the child down, she looked around for clothes or anything that she could transform to cloth the toddler.

Spotting a red and blue cloth, she smiled. "Perfect," she said. Waving her hand, she used her energy to manipulate the cloth and turn it into a dress. When she's done, she then bathed her daughter. Yan Da smiled fondly at the girl who is now playing with the water. Yes, she thought. My daughter.

After the bathing session, she went out and called one of her men to tell her servant, Yun Fei, to bring some food and milk to her tent. The child must be starving by now.

Going back in, she found the child curiously studying the room.

"Do you like it?" Yan Da asked, sitting down next to the toddler.

The girl nodded. "Pretty colors," She told her.

Yan Da laughed. "They indeed are," she said, ruffling the kid's hair.

"Do you have a name?" she asked the little one again by and by. The young one shook her head. "Daddy just calls me his little princess." She answered, looking at the floor.

"Oh." Yan Da's felt her heart broke. The girl's voice is so sad. "Mommy is gone. Now, daddy is too." The young one continued.

"Oh sweetie," Yan Da exclaimed in empathy, hugging the child. "It's going to be alright. I'm sure they didn't mean to leave you. And that they love you very much."

" I know." Said the girl, eyes shining with unbelievable wisdom and knowledge. "Are you going to be my mom from now on?" she asked Yan Da, hope filling her voice.

Yan Da smiled then kissed her on the temple. "Yes. From now on, your name will be Xiao Lian. My daughter and Princess of the fire tribe."

Acknowledging her words, the necklace Xiao Lian was wearing glowed brightly. It was so bright that the two had to close their eyes. When the light receded, both opened their eyes. Yan Da gasped. Xiao Lian's eyes had changed even her hair. They now match hers.

Yun Fei was enjoying watching the sunset when a guard told him Princess Yan Da's orders. He sighed. There goes his free time. Climbing down from the tree he's on, he followed the fire princess's orders.

Now walking towards Yan Da's tent, he couldn't help but be curious. Yan Da doesn't drink milk. So, who or what is it for?

When he was near the tent, he saw the bright light that had just receded from the inside. His eyes widened and quickened his steps. Not that he'll admit it but he's worried about Yan Da.

"Princess Yan Da!?" he immediately called out when he's at the entrance of the tent. "Are you alright!?"

Entering the tent, he stopped talking. He saw the princess and a ...child...? Huh?