11

Meanwhile, when Yan Da, Xiao Lian and Shuo Gang were bonding...

Yun Fei went back to the cave where he got the bell flowers from. He accidentally stumbled upon it before while he was wandering.

"So, you have returned," stated the former bear king chained on the rocks. "Did you get it?"

Yun Fei smirked. "Of course," he said, raising his fingers with Hei Feng's blood. The only key to unlock the chains holding the former bear king.

Liao Jian roared, finally free.

"Now, what do you want in exchange for freeing me?"

Yun Fei meet his gaze. "I want the Ice leaf."

Liao Jian frowned. "The ice leaf belongs to the ice tribe. I can't give you that. Ask for something else."

"I am from the Ice tribe." Yun Fei replied.

"Are you, really?" the former bear king asked, sniffing him. "Then why do you smell like the fire tribe?"

"It's because I'm currently serving as Princess Yan Da's manservant." He said.

"Show me your powers then." Liao Jian demanded.

Yun Fei complied. He was surprised though when it was fire that came out instead of ice.

"You lied," Liao Jian said, pushing Yun Fei aside going out from the cave.

"Wait!" Yun Fei said, confused as to what happened.

He then quickly returned to the bear tribe knowing Liao Jian's plan.

___________________________________________________

Shuo Gang, Xiao Lian and Yan Da went out of the tent. They saw the bear tribe fighting each other.

"What's going on?" Shuo Gang asked his men.

"The former King Liao Jian is trying to reclaim the bear tribe," a soldier answered.

"Where's Yun Fei?" Yan Da stated, looking at her soldiers.

"I'm sorry your highness but we don't know."

Yan Da clenched her fist.

"Brother, take Xiao Lian and get out of here," Yan Da then said, meeting his brother's eyes. She knew that they have a very slim chance winning if they fight against the bear tribe now.

Shuo Gang gritted his teeth. "How about you?" He asked.

"Don't worry about me. Just go!" She said, meeting her daughter's gaze. "Xiao Lian, be a good girl and go with your uncle okay?" She said, kissing the girl on the cheek.

The little girl nodded. She could feel the danger around her. With one look at his sister, Shuo Gang left with his soldiers.

Yan Da then fight her way out of the crowd, looking around. Her heart beating in worry. Where are you Yun Fei?

Suddenly, she was thrown into the floor. She gasped, looking at her attacker. It was Liao Jian. He was looking at her in distaste.

Yan Da glared, getting up.

"What are you still doing here, Princess Yan Da? I saw your brother leave."

"None of your business," she said, about to attack when she saw something on the bear king's clothing. A petal of cherry blossom. Her eyes widened.

"Where is he?" She asked, eyes blazing.

Liao Jian just looked at her, confuse. "Where's who?"

"My manservant. Where. Is. he!?" Fire is now surrounding Yan Da's form, making the bear king and his people step back. One touch of that fire and they'll turn into dust.

Liao Jian frowned. The fire princess is so work up for just a servant?

Suddenly a voice called out from the crowd.

"Princess Yan Da!"

Yan Da calmed down a bit hearing that voice. Yun Fei then ran towards the princess. The people of bear tribe stared at him in amazement. The fire didn't even singe him.

"Are you alright?" asked the fire princess, giving him a once over.

Yun Fei nodded, looking directly at Liao Jian. The bear king snorted.

"Boy, I am willing to let you go because you saved me but not her."

Yun Fei stood in front of Yan Da, eyes not leaving the bear king. "I am not leaving her."

Suddenly, one member of the bear tribe moved. Attacking.

Yun Fei quickly raised his hands, making some ice flakes.

The bear tribe paused, staring wide eyed at him. Even Yan Da was frozen, looking at him shocked.

"So you really are..." said Liao Jian.

"I already told you. I'm from the Ice Tribe, Prince Ying Kong Shi. Now, stand aside." He told them.

The bear tribe bowed. They can't disobey him.

Seeing them surrender, he pulled Yan Da by the wrist. They quickly left the place.

When they were far enough, Yan Da pulled her hand back making them stopped walking.

She rubbed her wrist, staring at Yun Fei accusingly. "How long?" she asked.

Shi frowned not understanding her.

"How long were you planning to deceive us?" Yan Da stated again.

"I never wanted to deceive you," he replied.

"Really?" She said, hurt in her voice. "and here I thought that you are my friend."

Shi looked at her. "You know that friendship between us is impossible. Our tribes are at war. You and I are enemies."

Yan Da smirked sarcastically. "That's right and I killed lots of your siblings. You must really hate me."

Shi just looked at her not answering. He then turned his back walking away.

"You're leaving?" Yan Da said, stopping him. "You're really cruel. How about Xiao Lian? She's your daughter too."

Shi clenched his teeth, remembering the times he spent with Yan Da and his daughter.

He wanted to stay with them but he couldn't.

He then turned back, suddenly hugging the teary eyed fire princess. She pushed him back. But he tightened his hold on her. When she calmed down, he spoke.

"I can't stay with you and Xiao Lian . If I do, I have to go back with you in the Ice Palace as your servant. I couldn't do much if that's the case. My brother needs my help." He said, letting her go.

"Take care of Xiao Lian. We'll see each other soon," he continued, kissing her on the eyelid. He then left.