10

"Mom?" Hei Feng asked, looking at the child. Then at Yan Da. "I didn't know that you have a daughter."

He said, approaching Yun Fei and Xiao Lian. He didn't get near though because Yan Da's soldiers blocked his way.

The soldiers protectively surrounded the duo, making sure that no one from the bear tribe can approach them.

"So protective," Hei Feng said, mockingly. "I just wanted to see the little girl."

"Get away from them!" Yan Da said, fire balls circling her form. King Hei Feng put his hands up in surrender. There's one thing he will never cross, a mother protecting its child. He knew how powerful they could be once their young is being threatened.

"Relax." He said, smiling arrogantly. "I didn't plan on doing anything bad to her. After all she'll be my daughter too once we're married."

"You wish," Yan Da said attacking him again.

________________

Yun Fei frowned, not liking what Hei Feng had said. His eyes narrowed. Seeing that Yan Da went flying again after another dirty trick.

"Enough!" He shouted, meeting Hei Feng's gaze. "Fight me instead."

"Yun Fei!" Yan Da said, protesting. Yun Fei smiled walking towards her, helping her up. He then gave Xiao Lian to her.

"I'll be fine." He whispered to her.

Yan Da was still hesitant but seeing his determined eyes. She folded.

"Be careful," she said, touching his hand a bit which Shuo Gang didn't miss.

"I will." Yun Fei said, returning the gesture. He then walked towards King Hei Fen who was sizing him up.

"Who are you?" asked the king, eyes narrowing.

"I'm Princess Yan Da's manservant." Yun Fei answered smoothly.

"And you think you can defeat me?" King Hei Feng stated, standing threateningly in front of Yun Fei.

Yun Fei smirked. "Let's see, shall we?" He replied, easily dodging the bear king's attack.

He then launched his own attacks, making the bear king land painfully into the ground.

Hei Feng gasped. He cursed. The human's attacks were more powerful than he had expected but he won't be defeated.

Using his strength, he easily raised the human up and throw him out of the battle ring.

"Yun Fei!"

"Pa!"

Yan Da and Xiao Lian shouted, not caring at the baffled looks directed at them.

Even Shuo Gang's eye brow rose, becoming more suspicious of her sister's relationship with her manservant.

"Wait!" He said, stopping his sister from going to Yun Fei. "If you get out of that seat, I'll have you marry Hei Feng right now."

He said, eyes narrowing at her sister. Yan Da returned his glare, clenching her teeth in frustration.

"Papa!" Xiao Lian called out again, crying. Not seeing her dad stand up.

"Shh. Xiao Lian, it's okay. Don't cry. I'm sure that your pa is fine." Yan Da said, hugging her daughter.

Suddenly, everyone from the bear tribe yelled in pain covering their ears.

"What's going on!?" Shuo Gang said, standing up.

Yan Da laughed while Xiao Lian cheered. They saw Yun Fei walking towards the battle ground, ringing some bell flowers.

Yun Fei smirked, looking at Hei Feng who is now on his knees. "I thought only the lower bear people would be affected by this but it seems like you aren't different at all, King Hei Feng." He said, mockingly.

He then looked at Yan Da and Xiao Lian smiling. Yan Da grinned, standing up.

"That will conclude the battle! Go home and train some more!" She said, she then walked up to Yun Fei.

Xiao Lian immediately hugged her dad when she's near enough.

Yun Fei laughed, hugging her back. "Did I worry you that much?"

"Yes." The child answered, glaring at her dad. "I thought I won't have a papa anymore." She said, teary-eyed. Yun Fei winched, feeling guilty.

"Dui bu qi. I didn't mean to worry you that much. I won't do it again." He said, kissing the girl on the head.

"You better not," Yan Da said, smacking her servant on the shoulder. Yun Fei grinned, nodding.

"Yan Da!" Shuo Gang called out, interrupting their moment.

"We need to talk." He said, going into his tent.

In Prince Shuo Gang's tent...

"Since when did you have a daughter?" Shuo Gang asked, circling his sister.

Yan Da rolled her eyes not answering him.

"You won't answer? Should I talk to your manservant then?" He said, goading his sister.

"Don't you dare." Yan Da stated seriously, meeting his brother's eyes. "Go near him or do anything bad to my daughter and you will regret it."

Shuo Gang smirked. "Why? What would you do?"

"Something that will never let you become the king of our tribe. Remember brother, I am stronger than you. I just pretend that I'm not. Do you think father would let you rule our clan if he finds out?"

Yan Da smirked, seeing his brother's arrogant mask fall. "Now, chill. I'll go get Xiao Lian and let you meet her. You're her uncle after all."

When his sister left, Shuo Gang let out an amused laugh. Honestly, he doesn't care about the crown or his father's ambitions. He just wants to protect his sister and help her fulfill her dreams.

He smiled remembering what he had witnessed a while ago. His sister is in love. There's no denying the affections she has for her manservant. Not to mention that the two have a child already. He sighed. I guess I have more people to protect now.

"Brother." Yan Da said, entering the tent with Xiao Lian. Shuo Gang quickly put on a nonchalant expression.

"Meet Xiao Lian," she said. "And Xiao Lian this is your uncle Shuo Gang."

The toddler blinked, looking at Shuo Gang. Shuo Gang did the same. He just stared at the girl, studying her. Suddenly, Xiao Lian giggled reaching out to him.

"Go on, brother. Hold her." Yan Da said, encouraging him. Carefully, Shuo Gang reached out taking the child from Yan Da.

Xiao Lian laughed, hugging him. Shuo Gang was surprised most children didn't like him. He let out a small smile, hugging the toddler back.

Yan Da who's watching them smiled. Glad that her brother had accepted her daughter.

The moment is destroyed though when a soldier entered the room, informing them that they are under attack.