Chapter 4

"You should go to the dance," Lucy suggests through the phone. It was Friday night and I was getting ready to go hang out with Peter. We planned on watching a movie at his house with his mom.

"I don't want to," I respond. "I don't have a costume and I'm sure Peter doesn't want to go."

"It's a costume dance?!" Lucy exclaims."That's even better! You have to go!"

I lay down on my bed, sighing. "Uh, I don't think so."

"It would be fun, Els! Put yourself out there."

I laugh. "I better go. I told Peter I would meet him soon."

"Okay, have fun! I love ya!"

"I love you too," I chuckle before hanging up. I missed Lucy, but Hemlock Grove was slowly growing on me.

My dad lets me borrow his car, so I arrive at Peter's house shortly. It was a small trailer home in a wooded area. There was a hammock and small grill in the front. There were also beer bottles scattered in different places.

I knock and the door immediately opens. I am greeted by a lady with reddish brown hair. She was really pretty and I assumed it was Peter's mom.

"Hello, you must be Elsie," she says in a sweet voice. "I'm Lynda, Peter's mom. Come in! We were just talking about the dance tonight."

I go inside. Peter was sitting on the couch, a beer bottle in his hand. A small TV was playing a commercial in front of him. "My mom thinks we should go," Peter mumbles from the couch. He takes a sip from the brown bottle.

"You guys would have fun!" Lynda exclaims. "I even have a costume you could wear, Elsie."

I glance at Peter with raised eyebrows. "I'll go if you want to go," I shrug.

"Fuck, I'll go get dressed" Peter chuckles lowly. He stands up and disappears down the hallway.

Lynda grabs my hand. "I'll show you what I have and you can decide on what you would like to wear."

I follow her into a bedroom that was scattered with clothes and various objects. I noticed a lot of essential oils and jewels. "Sorry about the mess," she apologizes with a small smile.

"It's fine," I chuckle, sitting down on the edge of the bed. "I don't mind."

We go through her closet. We eventually find a couple of dresses that Lynda said she wore in high school. I notice a red spaghetti strapped dress with sequins. I pick it up and admire the details that were sewed neatly on it.

"That dress would look amazing on you," she mused. "You should wear that one. I wore it to prom. I was the only girl without a puffy dress."

"I love it," I tell her. "However, it's not really a costume."

"That's okay! You would look sexy, that's all that matters."

I laugh and she leaves the room so I could change. The dress is tight, but it fits perfectly. It hugs my curves and makes my boobs look a little bigger than they actually are. Lynda also lends me some heels that go with the dress. I didn't have a lot of make up on, so she quickly applies some eye shadow and lipstick on me.

"Wow," Peter breathed when Lynda and I walked into the living room. "You look amazing."

I blush. "Thank you, you do as well." He was wearing a black suit and his hair was pushed away from his face.

"What are we dressed as?" Peter questions and I shrug. I really had no idea.

"Have fun, you two!" Lynda calls as we walk out of the door. "I've never seen Peter in a suit, so thank you for going with him."