Chapter 41

"Please, let me go."

The blood ran down my throat, immediately satisfying my thirst. I close my eyes, forcefully holding the man against the brick wall as he struggles against me.

It wasn't hard luring him into the dark alley. All I had to do was sit next to him at the bar, my black dress showing off every inch and curve of my body. From the corner of my eye, I watched as he slid his wedding ring into his pocket. I knew that this man was a pig the moment he offered to buy me a drink. His face lit up in excitement when I suggested we go somewhere private.

"I have a family," the guy sputters, tears falling from his eyes.

I pull away, licking the blood off my lips. "I saw that," I said before sticking my hand down his pocket. I pull out the silver wedding band and hold it in front of his face. "You don't seem like a family man," I snicker. "I mean, you were so willing to come with me."

"I didn't know you were a fucking psychopath!" The man shrieks and I quickly cover his mouth with my hand. He continues to struggle against my hold. My mouth stretches before I sink my teeth into his neck again.

Suddenly, I am forced away. The man slides down the brick wall, his face as white as a ghost. I could hear his heart beating weakly, but at least he was still alive. I roll my eyes when I see who is was.

"Roman, what the fuck?"

"Really? Another one?" Roman huffs, walking toward the man. He feels his struggling pulse. "This is the second one this week."

I shrug carelessly. "Why do you even care? It's not like I kill them."

"People will catch on," Roman sneers, tugging on his hair. "This isn't you."

I suddenly feel bad as I look at my boyfriend. Roman has done nothing besides try to help me. However, I will never be the same ever since I turned and my dad died. The night of his wedding, someone brutally murdered him. He had been stabbed in the chest multiple times before his body was found on the street. The killer was never found. There were no witnesses, no evidence left on the crime scene, no nothing.

After his funeral in New York, Meredith sold the house and moved away. I moved in with Roman, not even bothering to pack my things.

The search for Miranda and Nadia continued. Roman hired a private investigator and we were suppose to meet with him tomorrow. Everything was fucked up and I felt numb. That's why I was going on my little sprees. I wouldn't kill people, I would just drink their blood and then tell them to forget about what happened. It was the only thing that has made feel better ever since I turned. However, Roman did not like this. He insisted that the blood Dr. Pryce gave us was just as good as a humans, but I beg to differ.

"Take care of this," Roman instructs, pointing toward the man. "Then meet me in the car."

I reach for his hand, but he backs away. "Roman," I frown.

"Do you know how hard it is," he pauses, his eyes glassy. "To watch the women I love do this. And it's even more fucked up that it's my fault."

I shake my head. "No, it's not."

"You are a completely different person!" Roman bellows and I flinch. "Look at yourself! You use to never wear a little black fuck me dress," he points at my outfit. "Now, you're fucking hurting people and pushing me away."

"Don't act like you haven't hurt anyone," I sneer, balling my fists.

"I didn't say I haven't," Roman fires back. "Just take care of your fucking mess and meet me in the car," he repeats.