Chapter 54

A few days had passed and I don't think I had ever endured such sadness and anger before. My body felt like it was going to explode and it was hard to even think straight. I knew what I had to do. It was something I swore I was going to do as soon as I figured out who killed my dad.

"Elsie, where are you going?" Roman questions, grabbing onto my arm.

"It was Annie," I say in disbelief. I still couldn't believe that it has taken me this long to figure it out. She was at the wedding, stalking my family and she knew that my father was drained of blood when it was only filed in the autopsy report and as soon as she gave me the watch, all the pieces came together.

Roman scrunches his face in confusion. "What are you talking about?"

"It was her!" I shriek as I open the front door and step out. "She killed my father and now she is going to pay."

"Hey, slow down. You don't have to do this right now," he says, his voice laced with worry as he continues to reach for me, but I pull away. "I can't lose you."

"I have to do this," I whisper. "I love you."

Before he couldn't say anything else. I leave.

I pull into the driveway of my destination and get out of the car. My fists were balled in anger and I was digging my fingernails into the palm of my hands. I don't even bother to knock when I reach the front door.

There she was - sitting at the table with a glass of red wine in front of her. She snickers and shakes her head in amusement.

"I was wondering how long it was going to take you to figure it out."

I step closer to Annie. She had a devious smirk on her face that I wanted to chop off. "Why did you do it?"

"The night of your father's wedding, I was scooping out the place. I had heard of Roman Godfrey and his mother from former friends and I knew that I needed him. However, you ruined my plans. So, I killed your father, slowly and painfully, in hopes to distract you from Roman," Annie explains with her annoying French accent. "It worked for a while - at least until I saw the two of you in the alley way."

My mind couldn't wrap itself around her words. "You killed my father just to try and fulfill some sick fantasy you have with my boyfriend? Who is your brother?"

Annie scoffs, standing up from the chair and stepping closer to me. My body tenses as I hold my ground. "I never wanted him sexually. I mean, if he wanted to have his way with me, I wouldn't say no. However, I only wanted him to get close to our mother."

"You're disgusting," I hiss. "Why would you want to get close to Olivia? I mean, she is going to die anyway."

I can see her body tense and I smirk when I knew that I was getting to her. "What are you talking about?"

"Oh, you don't know?" I say smugly. "Olivia is sick! Really sick actually. Her mind is slowly rotting and eventually, she will probably eat herself."

"You're lying," she shakes her head. "She would have told me. I'm her daughter."

I chuckle. "Did you actually think Olivia cares about you? She only cares about herself."

"Why are you here? To kill me?" Annie growls, her face growing red in anger as she changes the subject.

"Yes."

Before she could say anything else or react, I grab my knife from my pocket and fling myself at her. With a loud smash, her body hits the table as I stab the knife into her stomach. Annie shouts in pain before pushing me off of her. I stumble backwards, the knife falling from my hands. She quickly reaches down and grabs it and runs toward me, but I dodge her movements. I grab a lamp and hit her across the head when she tries to come at me again. She rolls onto the floor in pain.