Chapter 5: Hello

Loud noises, huge crowds, shiny and expensive cars, fancy drinks. All here for a fancy party hosted by the billionaire, Wess Sinslee. I shook my head in disgust, I pressed on the button on my mask for my night vision to kick in. "Having any problems Aaron?" Cole asked. I moved my finger to push on my comlink. "No it's just disgusting at how many rich snobs are here." I spat in the comlink, my nose wrinkling up in disgust as I scanned the room, slowly trying to find my target. "Suck it up buttercup." Natalie ordered. " We need you to get those answers from Calvin." She said and I could tell that by her tone of voice that there was no way of getting out of this now. I groaned and Justin's voice echoed in the comlink from the background. " Well you're the one who decided to go in there alone." My friend spat, annoyed with my complaining. "I know, I know. Just make sure that you all are ready for anything at the exits and make sure no one gets in or leaves." I commanded to my teammates before shutting my comlink off.

I pinpointed a way for me to enter the building without being seen, and of course with my luck it was through the roof. " Cole, do you have any visuals on you know who?" I asked as I carefully avoided all windows to avoid being seen by anyone's prying eyes. I swiftly scaled the buildings side until I reached the roof. I swung myself up onto the roof and crept past the skylights, eyeing each one until an empty one was snared in my line of sight. "Bingo." I murmured, pulling away the skylight, being careful not to drop it and alert anyone of my presences. Carefully and quietly I sat the glass on the roof beside the outline of the skylight before dropping into the room and tapping into the security system. I watched as multiple screens popped up in my line of vision and ran my gaze through each screen until I caught sight of my target. "Got you." I smirked quietly to myself. I shut the cameras down and radioed in. " Found him. He's in the far office in the west wing. Cole can you give me a route where I won't be seen and he can't be tipped off?" I asked and awaited for a response.

" There is a way but it's honestly sketchy. You positive you want to go through the building and not enter through the skylight?" Cole asked, slightly concerned through our comlink. "One, there is no skylight and two if I went through the window then everyone would be panicked and I don't want to pay for that pane of glass. Have you seen how big it is?' I asked him, trying to determine which door was the closest and which two were the exits. "Go straight. Don't go ahead of me, this place is crawling with people." Cole said with a high rank of authority and earning. "Yeah, yeah. Just tell me where to go."

"You want me to kill someone!" I yelled at the dark cloaked figure. "Why not? He's pathetic and not worth our time. You on the other hand have nothing better to do with your worthless life or time so it makes sense." He shrugged. I felt my heart sink into my knotting, rollercoaster of a stomach. " You're going to do it no? You really don't have a choice." The figure said, the smug tone in his voice reboiling the anger in my veins. I glared at him, my gaze unwavering from its post. "What's in it for me?" I asked, my voice hard and cold as I spoke. "Respect. You will finally earn a little respect in your pathetic life." The male chuckled as he sank down in his seat and return the stare mockingly. My jaw tightened and my left hand curled up into a ball as my body trembled with rage. " A little respect? I think I deserve a LOT more than just a little respect if you're going to make me kill someone!" I snapped, the man from earlier came up from behind me and smacked me upside the head. As my head jerked forward the blood rushed forward the blood rushed to my head making me slightly lightheaded. A growl of anger rising in my throat as I stood up fully and turned around to make eye contact with him. Scowling I resisting the urge to surge forward and strangle the man but that didn't stop me from smart mouthing. Smart mouthing off to two armed men and possibly more lingering around was not really my best move. Instantly after siding a comment under my breath I received another hard whack to the head.

"Still not wanting to cooperate?" The sitting man asked, humming lowly as he drummed his fingertips against the neatly and freshly polished arm of his chair. The dark and shiny oak wood was reflective due to how shiny and clean it was. I popped my jaw, it was slowly getting stiff and massively sore. " Give me a reason why!" I challenged the lead man once again, not taking my left eye off of the man lingering in the background, stalking my every movement. "Warren, leave us." The man said pointing a hidden arm to the door behind us. " You sure?" Warren asked, glaring at me harshly with death inducing daggers. "Yes, our young friend here won't be any trouble. Especially with the poison flowing through his veins." The cloaked figure hummed, I couldn't tell he was smirking under his cloak. " Poison? What poison?" I asked, curiosity pooling inside of me. I felt completely fine. Maybe they're just bluffing to scare me into giving in. I thought. " Before you were brought here, Warren here injected you with a heavy dose of poison into your bloodstream. It will slow down your system and kill you in a time period of a week. The only way to receive the antidote is by doing as we say." The still unknown male snickered. " So if I did agree and I did do it, I get the antidote for this "poison". I asked, my mind breaking the lot of information that just entered my mind down. "Correct. And if you refuse, you'll just die a painful death, all alone. And no-one will ever know you even existed." The man yawned as if he was growing bored and tired of our conversation. "What if I wanted maybe a little time to think about it?" I asked sheepishly, already expecting the answer." Did you choose to be worthless?" The man asked me, leaning his face closer towards mine by a few centimeters. " In a way yes I did." I stated nonchalantly, the man didn't seem to pleased with my answer.