Chapter 15: Meet the team part 1

1-31-2018

Sorry for the boring chapter, I was just too lazy to make this one huge chapter. :) Oh well, enjoy!

Bryce's view

"Goodnight Aaron." I said after the adult showed me my room. "Goodnight, oh wait before I forgot Bryce wanna come with me to work in the morning?" Aaron aske, catching the door by holding onto the doorknob. "Um sure, what time do you want me up?" I asked, shifting tiredly from foot to foot. "Don't worry. I'll wake you up. Now get some sleep okay?" He said before walking down the hall to his room I presumed. I nodded to no-one and shut the door to my new bedroom and walked over to the twin sized bed, happily flopping onto the soft mattress. "It's soo soft..." I mumbled to myself, nuzzling my face deeper into the pillows falling asleep peacefully for the first time in a long time.

Aaron's view

My alarm clocked beeped in the generic, annoying, high pitched sound all alarms clocks were supposed to make. I groaned as I forced myself awake, slamming my first sluggishly on top of it to get it to shut off. I dragged myself over to my closet, laying my head on the door for a brief moment, lifting my head and grumbling at myself and cursing myself out for staying up late doing the stupid paperwork Natalie gave me. "Dumb paperwork." I cursed under my breath as I grabbed my work uniform and dragged myself out of my room and trudged quietly into the bathroom so I didn't wake Bryce up. I locked the door and laid my uniform on the counter and walked back to the closet, pulling out a washcloth and a body towel. I laid the towel on the counter as well and laid the washcloth on the side if the tub before pulling the curtain across and turned the water on, switching it to the shower mode and waited for the water to reach the right temperature before I began to undress.

I listened to the water drain as I draped the towel over my waist and pulled my boxers on and my uniformed shirt. I set my towel down on the counter top and pulled my boxers on and my work jeans before running the towel in a hamper for the laundry that needed to be washed. I grabbed a comb and ran it through my hair, straightening it out and riding it of the tangles before placing the utensils away in the top drawer where it belonged.

"Bryce, Bryce." I whispered shaking him softly, getting a quiet moan of protest in response. "Five more minutes." He mumbled. "Nope time to get up." He said smirking as he groaned in complaint, rolling his eyes tiredly at me before he climbed out from underneath the covers and sat on the edge of the bed. "Ugh, what time is it?" Bryce asked, hissing as I turned on the light on. "5:31 a.m. Hurry up, I'm going to get breakfast ready and started." I warned, walking out of the room and down the stairs.

"So you like waffles?" I asked, grabbing two plates and the maple syrup. "Never really had them, but I'm down to try one." Bryce yawned as he sat down beside my chair. "Great because I'm not cooking anything else." I chuckled, putting two waffles on a plate and laying it on the table in front of Bryce before getting myself two waffles of my own to eat.

Breakfast was nice despite the small amounts of awkward silence that popped up a few times. I grabbed my jacket and tossed Bryce an old jacket of mine. "Here it's not gonna be a perfect fit but it'll keep you warm." I said, grabbing my car keys and headed out the door. "Thanks, the sleeves are a little big but it's great besides that. Also it's really warm." Bryce said smiling as I unlocked the car and he climbed in before me. "Glad you like it." I said returning the smile as I placed the key into the ignition and turned it on. The car roared to life as I carefully laid my feet on the gas as I placed the car in drive.

"Okay kid hop out, we're at the office." I said, parking the car and placing it in park, taking the key out of the ignition. "This is where you work?" Bryce asked, looking up slightly curious as he eyed the building up and down. "Well this is just the office part kid." I said leading the way inside. "Just because I'm an agent doesn't mean it's all fighting and high speed chasing. There's a LOT of paperwork involved as well which is honestly not fun at all." I pouted slightly, joking as I opened the door to the office building letting Bryce inside before following.

"Hey Justin!" I greeted, giving my pal a hand shake in greetings. "Bryce, Justin. Justin, Bryce." I said introducing the two, pulling Justin over to the side and giving him a stern warning about his behavior around Bryce before leaving the two alone.

Bryce's view

The Justin guy I was stuck with made me feel, uncomfortable I guess you could say. The way he looked at me made me feel as if he was planning to kill me. "Uh was hi." I said, waving my hand back and forth nervously in the air. Hopefully he was a lot friendlier than he seemed. "Hi..."He replied just as awkwardly as he shifted from foot to foot before crossing his arms flatly over his chest. Now I knew exactly how Aaton felt when it was awkwardly silent between us.

"How old are you?" Justin asked, looking at me as he tried to make the awkward silence go away but it melted into an awkward conversation. "16, though I'm about to turn 17." I answered truthfully. "When's your birthday." Justin asked making me feel even more weary of him. "Uh, why do you want to know." I asked, slowly scooting back towards the door. "I dunno.... Just trying to make conversation is all." The man said, looking over my head to look at the clock that was hanging on the wall above my head. "Well hopefully Aaron comes back soon and he stops flirting with the secretary." Justin grumbled annoyed with Aaron it seemed.

Finally after what seemed like forever, Aaron came back with a huge arm load of files and loose papers. A few fell and I bent down and quickly scooped them up, shuffling them so they were in a neat stack before I handed them to Aaron. "Thanks." The older male said, leading the way to a backroom which I presumed to be Aaron's office.

"Make any conversation while I was away?" Aaron asked humming as he organized the papers on the oak wooden desk. "Not really." Justin said answering for the both of us as he crinkled his head to face the door a it opened. "Hello Natalie, Cole." Both Aaron and Justin said as I just made my way slowly over to the corner of the room as the two people joined us. "So this is the kid you let get away hun?" Cole asked in a taunting tone, peering over at me in a friendly manner. "Yeah, that's him." Aaron said rolling his eyes. "Well the boss wants me in his office in five so I better go. I'll be back soon." He replied as he left the room. Once the door had shut everybody turned to look at me curiously. "Um.... I uh, hi." I said shyly as I felt the six eyes hit me, just waiting to be torn limb from limb in questions about who I was and why I "attempted" first degree homicide on a man. "So, what's your name?" The woman asked, I had already assumed she was Natalie well because she was the only girl in the room. "Bryce." I mumbled, looking away leaving a confused look on both Natalie's and Cole's face. "Um, what was it again? Sorry but you mumbled a little." Cole said as he took a tiny step forward making me feel uncomfortable. "Oh, my God! It's Bryce you dimwits!" Justin snarled, drilling poor Cole in the back of the head, I winced at how painful the slap sounded against his head and I bet it didn't feel good at all. "Leave him alone Justin! Cole didn't do anything wrong. He was just asking." Natalie snapped at him, making Justin scowl as he sent the woman a glare before he retreated over to the chair in opposite side of the room. Awkward much? My brain mumbled as I sank down in the chair closest to me. "Ignore him." Cole said smiling as he shook it off real fast and he sat down on the floor beside me, Natalie sitting on the left side of him. "Okay...." I said, keeping my gaze downwards so I didn't have to make eye contact with any of them.

" I said, keeping my gaze downwards so I didn't have to make eye contact with any of them