Chapter 9: Seeking time.

It had been a week after my supposedly deemed, "failed mission" and the poison the man had told me when this shit first started about seemed to be kicking in. "I only have another week until this shit kills me." I muttered, my eyes were closed because I could not keep them open no matter what. It hurt too much and I was too tired to do anything, not even move or eat. I had found out that the poison made sure I didn't stomach anything because psychotic Warren had crammed my throat down with rotted, expired, old food and immediately I threw it up, so he gave me some fresh, actual editable food. Same results. I had gotten paler than normal and all my fractured bones had healed incorrectly and all my flesh wounds were infected which didn't help with the poison. My broken bones were not incorrectly healed fractures and all I did was lay on the dirty, dusty, old, and rather really gross floor in a puddle of animal blood. I was alone for the first time that day and I let out a tiny groan, I had refused to acknowledge them and open my eyes or even talk when they had presented themselves in the room. "I give up... I'm not going to win this fight, I-I'm just gonna let this poison kill me off...." I mumbled. I was tired of fighting and running only to be tossed into more shit. I just wanted it to be over. I opened my eyes but immediately shut them due to my eyes watering badly and they began to sting even though it was pitch dark in the room.

It was quiet for once which for my pounding head and ears it felt great to have my surroundings quiet for once. I think they brought in someone else from the streets just like me, someone more willing to help them because last night I think, I didn't really know the time since there was a clock in here nor windows but my mind convinced me that they brought the deadbeat person here a few hours ago. I was sleeping or trying to at least but it was kinda hard when I was trying to ignore the pain of my broken and fractured body and the effects of the poison skipping happily through my body. I had finally managed to close my eyes when I heard one single blood curdling screech then voices and a long pause of silence before a soft voice mumbled something and everyone cheered happily. All I know about the voice is that it sounded like it belonged to a woman, a young woman.

I ignored the woman's screams and managed to curl my battered body into a tight ball and I squeezed my eyes closed together. "Just ignore it Bryce and go to sleep." I had  murmured to myself. I could barely hear myself think due to the wailing voice outside beyond the walls of the dirty room I was in. I groaned and bitterly managed to grit my teeth together and pull my hands up to my ears, dragging my palms over to cover them. Soon the screaming stopped and I had managed to fall asleep and now I was roughly being kicked painfully in my ribs. My eyes opened and I wailed out painfully, desperately dragging myself away from the man kicking me. I didn't need a light to know and see who it was. "Warren be gentle with him. Remember he still has a mission to complete."The hooded man's voice rippled through the dark room and Warren whined sadly before he clomped over to me and scooped me up rather quickly.

I gagged as I tried not to throw up but it didn't stay in and there was NO way I was swallowing it back down. "Ugh gross!" Warren hissed in disgust, throwing me onto the floor and jumping away from me. "WARREN!" The man shouted, smacking him outside the head. "I told you specifically TO BE GENTLE!" He grabbed Warren by the shoulder and threw him into the wall, snarling like a rabid and caged animal. Snuffing once more into Warren's face the man turned around and glowered down at me. He stalked forward and grabbed my arm, jerking me to my feet. The sudden movement made my head hurt even more and I groaned once more, tears swamping my eyes and my dizzy body fluttered backwards and I stumbled over my heels and nearly tumbled to the ground. All in pain while doing so. The hooded figure in front of me scoffed and picked me up again, only to have me throw up once more. "Again gross." Warren scoffed only to have the man dig his elbow sharply into Warren's throat. The fully grown man yelped and reeled away, holding his now sore and red throat with his left hand before all three of us disappeared into the masked man's office.

Aaron's view

"So mind telling me about how you let a KID get away from you?" Cole taunted as we pranced the rooftops, our highly trained eyes scanning the empty streets slowly back and forth, back and forth. We were on the lookout for those kidnappers, apparently a woman by the name of Sandra Caine had gone missing after a witness had caught sight of her limp body being dragged into a white van. There were no tags or license plate on the vechlic so there was no way to identify it if it was found roaming the streets among traffic. "For the record I didn't lose him Cole, I planted a tracking device in one of his wounds, yes disgusting I know but it was the only way to insure that it wouldn't be found or detected by anything or one. We don't have a clue who this boy is working for and let alone why." I said, picking my way across the rooftops, my team and I were special agents that acted more as vigilanties but we showed our faces to the world. We were recognized everywhere we went and I mean EVERYWHERE! "Mmhmm." Cole hummed, a smirk tugging at his lips as he played with his long sleeve. 

"How do you know if he's going to be out today? Maybe the tracker was discovered or maybe he kicked the bucket already? he looked pretty sickly when ya found him." Cole pointed out as he joined me on the next rooftop. "He was just skinny is all. He wasn't pale or anything else." I said scanning my surrounds. "Uh Chief, your tracker's got movement really close to you." Natalie hummed, her red, long nails could be heard clicking the desktop's dark, brown, polished wood in the background. "Okay, thanks." I said, pushing my pointer finger onto the small red button that allowed Nat to hear me before removing my finger away from it and hearing the comlink click before turning to Cole. "We got movement close to us, get ready. The one thing I know about this child is besides him being skinny is that he's really skittish and he panics. A lot." I said, pulling out my tracking device, following the radar that swept across the screen in a circular motion towards the blinking red dot that flashed and beeped onto the screen. "This way." I ordered, cutting off strictly to the right with Cole following right in tow behind me.

" I ordered, cutting off strictly to the right with Cole following right in tow behind me

12-26-2017

Another short chapter, yeah I know. I'm slacking I really am with the length of these chapters but I'm trying to stretch out some main plots for the chapters I come up with over three or four chapters. I don't know why I'm doing it but it is helping me a lot by breaking it off in chunks and I can think better. It's just the length I'm slacking with. To be honest I am not really having a lot of time to write long chapters nor the will power or inspiration to write a long chapter. And no, I'm not losing the will to write this story it's just I am losing the will to sit down and write for a long period of time to write a LONG chapter. I just can't sit still for long enough to make a long chapter and when I do write a long chapter it takes me a month or something like that to write it because I can't just sit there and write for more than fifteen minutes at a time. I'm too fidgety and I distract myself from writing by daydreaming, Youtube or anything else like errands, chores, or video games. (I get distracted very easily btw.) So yeah, sorry for the long wait for such a short chapter, I'm at my grandmother's house today and I finally decided to finish off this chapter. I was going to make it longer but I decided not to.

Also sorry for the sucky chapter title.... I'm not very creative with titles and I had a hard time coming up with it because the chapters have to correspond with its title and the picture has to correspond with the rest of it.

Anyways that's all I have to say.... Byee guyss!

~SeaB has left the building! :)