Trouble

Sang POV

Everyone is meeting in the living room. They won't tell me what it is about. I hope I'm not in trouble. I try to think over the past few weeks but I can't think of anything I knowingly did wrong. That doesn't mean I'm not in trouble though. There's still so much I don't understand. Owen clears his throat drawing my attention to him.

"Miss Sang, you have been making excellent progress lately. How would you feel about going on an excursion?" I tilt my head a little at the foreign word. Most of the others have gotten better at using words I understand of explaining them to me but Owen hasn't really gotten it yet.

"He means, do you want to go out to a public place like the mall," Kota explains from next to me. I nod my thanks and think it over. I've seen these place before from a far when I lived in the woods. It always seemed so overwhelming. I don't know. I like being safe in this large cabin with all of them.

There...there would be a lot of humans? I ask my voice timid. I don't know if I could handle that many people.

"Yeah, Ten, but we can go at an off time so that there will be fewer there." I nod a little. That sounds a little better. Suddenly a thought pops into my head.

Could I go in wolf form? I ask hopefully but my smile falls as I take in the multiple shaking heads.

"No, to see a wolf would scare a lot of people," Sean states. That confuses me even more. I'm two-legged, two-legged are humans. Why would they be scared if they're like me?

But I'm human? I ask looking around the group. Some of them seem confused finally Owen seems to reach some sort of conclusion.

"Miss Sang, I apologize. We seem to have misinformed you in this subject. We are technically human and wolf shifters but not every human is a shifter. We stay hidden from the majority of society in order to protect ourselves and our families from a world that would not understand us."

You hide wolf? I ask confused. Why would they do that?

"Ten, you remember those cruel men?" Kota asks me. I shiver and nod. I don't think I will ever be able to forget them. "They were not shifters but knew our secret and decided to hunt us. Some humans would okay but the majority would be scared of us because they do not understand us and what we can do." I frown a little thinking about the non-shifter humans. I couldn't imagine a life like that, without my paws, my fur, the freedom, the wind racing through my fur.

"What's wrong, Aggele?"

Sad. They don't have wolf. They all chuckle a little before smiling at me. I like it when they smile like that. It's small but it makes my chest feel warm and fuzzy.

"Not everyone can be as awesome as us, Cupcake!" Luke states cheerfully. I nod but I still feel a little bad for the others.

"So what do you say, Trouble, want to go shopping?" Gabe asks looking so hopeful. I can't possibly bear to let him down.

Shopping?

"Yeah, we can get you some more skirts and stuff for your room," Gabriel explains. Reluctantly I nod. He jumps up pumping his fist to the ceiling. "This is going to be f***ing fantastic!" I grin at his excitement. Maybe it will be fun.

*****************************

Nope. Not going to happen. What was I thinking? I peak my head around North at the monster before ducking back behind the warm wall of protection. I changed my mind. I don't want to go to the mall. I grip his shirt in a death grip. I figure he is my best bet. No one messes with North, well except Luke. But I think if it came down to it, North could take Luke.