Chapter 6

EDITED

Chapter 6

"Son, why aren't you eating your dinner!" Julia asked with a frown as Drago sat beside her, his plate intact, not a pea out of place.

"Why did you put peas in this?" Orlando said as he sipped on his wine. "You know he hates peas!"

"Oh shut up!" Julia huffed and looked at Drago but sneakily took out the four peas from his plate. "Drago, darling?"

"Yes?" Drago looked up suddenly, as if just registering the presence of his parents around him.

"Why aren't you eating?" His mother asked and he looked at his plate.

"Oh, I don't feel very hungry." Drago said and pushed his plate back a little.

"Oh don't say that son! I don't even know if you had your lunch today. I heard you had gone out for a meeting at lunchtime!" Julia sighed.

"Mom. I did have lunch. It was a lunch meeting." Drago said and Orlando looked at him.

"Oh, you didn't tell me that you had lunch with her!" Orlando said with surprise.

"Her? Who is...oh no, is Gina back already!" Julia asked in an upset tone.

"No she's not." Orlando said and Julia gasped.

"What! So you went on a date with another woman! Finally!" Julia chuckled and her eyes twinkled.

"It was not a date Mom, it was just a meeting. And her friend ate with us." Drago explained as Orlando chuckled.

"Oh. Ok." Julia looked away and ate in silence. "But who was it then?"

"Sonia Alexander." Orlando replied instead.

"Oh, the philanthropist? The one who's making the orphanage?" Julia asked surprised and Orlando nodded.

"Son, you went to meet her today? Why?" Julia asked, surprised again.

"Yes, I wanted to discuss something." Drago said and stuffed some potatoes in his mouth.

"Oh, you didn't tell me! What was it about?" Julia asked but Drago kept eating.

"About donations." Orlando replied on behalf of Drago again.

"That's great! How much are you planning to donate?" Julia asked and resumed eating her dinner.

"Ten million euros? Does that sound good?" Drago asked, looking at both his parents.

"Sounds great but how about this, you donate one million euros every six months instead of donating ten million at once. That way, you will be associated with the orphanage for a much longer time. It will be good for them and for us, both. What do you say?" Julia said and looked at her husband, who was nodding in agreement.

"That sounds so much better, thanks Mom!" Drago grinned and nodded.

"Good. Now finish your food!" She instructed at both the men and they quickly dug in.

--

Next day

"You are here again?" Sonia mumbled as Drago stood in front of, dressed casually and smiling widely.

"Yes, I wanted to discuss the donations." Drago said and held a cup of coffee towards Sonia. "Coffee?"

"Thanks." She said and took the cup. "By the way, have you heard of a device called a mobile? Or a cell phone?"

"Yeah. But I wanted to discuss this face to face." He said as he sipped on his coffee.

Sonia frowned and looked away to find Tara.

"Tara will be here by lunch, you can come back then." She said and looked back at Drago.

"I have a meeting at that time. Can we discuss it now? It will hardly take ten minutes." Drago asked and Sonia put on a tight smile.

"Sure." She said and he grinned.

"So, I was thinking about one million, every six months for-

"No, no. You don't need to donate so much-

"I know I don't need to but I want to, so-

"But I don't want you to. We do not need that kind of money and-

"Please." He said and she kept quiet. "I really want to."

"Ok but one million is a lot-

"It's for the kids. So they have better facilities while they live here. Please?" Drago said and Sonia sighed.

"Ok. I would love to accept it." Sonia said with a smile and Drago smiled as well.

"I will send the cheque the day the construction finishes, will that be alright?" He asked and Sonia nodded.

"Yeah. I will talk to Tara about it too. Thank you." She smiled and he nodded. "Okay then, I will see you later?"

"Well, I was thinking, maybe I could stay here for a while?" Drago said and she looked at him.

"What? Why?" She asked and stopped herself. "I mean, of course, you can."

"I have no meeting today until eleven am, so I am free by then." He said and she nodded slowly.

"Ok, sure!" She said and he nodded.

"What's this?" Drago asked fifteen minutes later as he held a tool in his hands.

"That's a screw driver. You don't know what a screw driver is?" Sonia asked, surprised.

"No, I never screwed a driver before!" Drago said and examined the tool intensively.

"What?" Sonia gasped.

"What?" Drago asked, frowning.

"A screw driver is used to screw nails. On the wall?" Sonia explained and he nodded.

"So what's this doing here? There are no walls here yet." Drago said and Sonia rolled her eyes.

"It is used for many other purposes too, now keep it back please?" She said and took the screw driver back.

"Wait, what's this!" He asked again and she sighed.

"That's a hammer. It's used to hammer things." She explained again.

"Wow, I have never been hammered before!" He said.

"What?" She gasped again.

"What?" He said again.

"Nothing. Please, keep this back too!" She said and quickly put the hammer back in the tool box.

"Let's go?" She said, slightly trying to cover up her irritation and he nodded, with a ghost of a smile on his lips as he basked in her frustration.

--

I do not own these images. Credit goes to user.

Love Beyond Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें