Chapter 31

EDITED

Drago reached office half an hour earlier than usual and was alone in his cabin. In the silence of the surroundings, he sat back as his mind wandered away, thinking about whatever that was happening around him.

Why had he gone to Sonia's place last night to see if she was okay? He could have waited for her to call or message back but now he realized, he could not. He simply could not. And why was that?

He had never done anything like that before. Run off to somewhere to someone, in the middle of the night, in his pyjamas for God's sake! Dad was right, had he had no concern for their family or business? His reputation was everything to him and he had just jeopardized it last night! What if someone had clicked a picture of him? The newspapers of today would have had a field day with headlines like Drago Barzetti going to a pyjama party? Or something as ridiculous as that!

Then why...how could he!

"What the hell...I think I am going mad." He whispered to himself and got up to walk around a bit when his phone notified him of a message. He took it out and his heart beat quickened at the name on the screen.

1 Message from: Sonia A.

Hey, I am so sorry for yesterday. I was very tired and couldn't talk properly. Hope you didn't mind!

He smiled before replying.

Not at all. Are you feeling fine now?

He waited eagerly as her reply came.

Yeah, just have a headache

He frowned as concern took over.

Did you take any medicine?

How bad is it?

Is it too painful?

Sonia's reply came midst his continuous messages.

I took a painkiller an hour ago, it's feeling much better.

Thanks for the concern!

He sighed as relief washed over him.

If you feel worse, don't hesitate to call me. We can go to the doctor.

She replied almost immediately.

I am sure there won't be any need for that!

He chuckled as he typed his response.

Okay then, see you later!

She replied quickly.

Oh no, should I order some food in advance? :P

He laughed softly.

Maybe. I really like a vegan nacho pizza!

He waited for ten seconds before she replied.

That's quite specific. We'll see :)

He laughed again and looked up, only to see Tisha staring at him. He cleared his throat and put the phone in his pocket before walking to his chair.

"What is is?" He asked, when Tisha didn't stop staring at him.

"You are...blushing, Sir." She said slowly as he narrowed his eyes.

"What?" He asked, wondering if he had heard her right.

"Blushi...nothing Sir. Here's your coffee." Saying so, she quickly put the coffee on his table and rushed out.

Drago looked at her almost running away and his hand automatically touched his face, which was quite warm.

"Blushing?" He frowned and took his phone to look at his face in the camera. Sure enough, there was a light pink hue on his cheekbones.

"What the hell?" He put his phone away quickly. "I was...blushing while...talking to her? How can I...why would I blush while talking to her, I don't even like he...oh shit, that can't be possible!"

He stood up as his chest felt all funny and his throat felt dry all of a sudden. He scratched his head as he walked around his cabin.

"I cannot like...I lov...love Gina! How can I like...another woman! Stay focused Drago! Think about Soni...no! Gina! G-I-N-A. Yes." He nodded to himself but still felt weird, as if something was not agreeing with him as much.

--

Sonia sat on her chair, staring at her phone for the past fifteen minutes.

"Oh shoot, what have I done!" She whispered to herself at last. "Did I just invite him here? For freaking pizza? Why are you doing this to yourself! What if he really comes!"

She stood up in tension and walked out of her office for some much needed fresh air.

"What will I say to him? What if he starts talking about her? Can I really hear him talk about her? Obviously I can't! I lov...like him!" She said to herself but before she could do something about this calamity, a few workers approached her and she was busy in her work again.

Hours later, it was around eight pm and she was almost done with her work for the day. Drago hadn't come and she was relieved. She was in no mood of seeing his beautiful face!

A few knocks on the door startled her and the files in her arms almost fell.

"Is he...oh no." She mumbled to herself and stood straight before walking to the door and opening it.

"Surprise!" Her friend stood in front of her with open arms and Sonia gasped.

"Tara!"

--

Drago quickly finished his last meeting around seven thirty and wondered if he should visit Sonia. They did plan on having pizza, right? So it would look rude if he didn't go, right?

"I should definitely go. Yeah." He said to himself and nodded but was interrupted by Tisha.

"Sir, someone is here to see you." She informed and he frowned.

"Now?" He said, looking at the time. "Who is it?"

"It is me darling!" A woman walked inside the cabin and into his arms. "Did you miss me? Who am I kidding, of course you did!"

"Gina." He whispered as she hugged him tightly and his arms stayed in the air in shock.

--

I do not own the picture. Credit goes to owner.

Ps. It's a vegan nacho pizza ;)