Chapter 40

EDITED

"Please." Sonia said in a monotone voice and Drago, with a pale face, walked out of the office.

Taking stumbling steps down the few stairs, he could not believe what he had just heard.

Wedding? She has a wedding to plan?

Who-

He wondered as a few lines from that damn piece of paper flashed in front of his eyes suddenly.

She is also rumored to be dating her childhood friend and businessman Liam Carter since the last few years, but their relationship is yet unacknowledged. There is also a rumor that they may get married this year.

"It can't be...surely, she is not...how can she marry someone...out of the blue?" He said to himself. "But...was this the personal reason she had to suddenly...go home? Did her boyfriend, urgh." Drago shook his head at the word. "Propose to her?"

Walking slowly to the car, his driver opened the gate for him. Drago was thankful that he brought the driver with him, he was in no state to drive home right now.

He sat and loosened his suffocating tie and wiped the sweat on his upper lip with his sleeve. His chest hurt as Sonia's words stabbed it, again and again. She was so angry; he had seen the hurt and shock in her eyes as she had read her own information.

Why, why did I take the stupid paper to her?

Why did I want to know something which she was not willing to share with me anyways?

Why am I so stupid!

And now she's getting married to someone else before he could even confess his feelings!

--

Tears pooled in Sonia's eyes as soon as she shut the door behind her. The sobs came unwillingly as she crumpled the paper in her hand with such force that she could feel her nails digging in her palm through the sheet.

"He investigated about me?" She whispered to herself. "What am I? A criminal? I can't believe this...why am I feeling so bad about this?" She asked herself before answering. "Of course I will feel bad; he was supposed to be my...friend! He is supposed to be the man I...love and now, this! Wow, I was stupid enough to fall for him when he didn't even trust me! Well obviously he would trust the woman he loves like I trusted the man I...-

Shaking her head and wiping her tears, Sonia walked to her desk and sat down. Opening the crumpled paper in her hands, she looked at it with red eyes before folding it and putting it in the drawer.

"Whatever. Stop thinking about it. Stop thinking about him." She said and opened a binder labelled Centerpieces (Wedding Collection).

--

"Oh son, what's wrong?" Orlando exclaimed as his son walked slowly inside the hall with a pale face and a neutral expression on it.

"Nothing. Just that the woman I love is getting married to someone else." Drago said with a dry chuckle and Orlando frowned.

"What are you talking about?" He asked as his wife walked in. "Darling, Gina is getting married?"

"What? She's getting married? To whom?" Julia gasped with wide eyes.

"I am not telling, I was asking. Is she?" Her husband and Julia shrugged.

"I don't know; why do you ask?" She said and sat beside her son.

"He just said that she's getting married to someone else!" Orlando said, pointing at his dejected looking son.

"Really honey? Oh, I am so sorry. I-

"I was not talking about Gina." Drago said and closed his eyes with a deep sigh.

"What, you just said that the woman you love is getting married to someone...wait, you are talking about someone else?" Orlando asked with shock.

Drago remained silent as he sat back on the couch, with eyes closed and arms crossed. Orlando looked at his son before looking at his wife.

Whom is he talking about? Orlando mouthed.

I have no idea! Julia shook her head before staring at her son.

You must know something! Orlando said with his eyes.

I really have no i-

"Can you guys stop; I am in the middle of a crisis!" Drago groaned and opened his eyes. "What should I do now?"

"I think...the first thing you should do...is tell us her name!" Orlando said with a smile and Julia nodded.

"It's...Sonia." He said and parents looked at him in shock.

"What?" Julia exclaimed. "Really?"

"Are you serious?" Orlando asked with a smile.

"Also, her name is not Sonia." Drago said and they frowned.

"What do you mean?" Julia asked, surprised.

"Exactly what I said. Her name is not Sonia Alexander, it's Alessandra Black." Drago informed his parents.

"Black...why have I heard this before? Ah yes, there's an American businessman called Alexander Black, I have heard he's a good one." Orlando nodded as he poured a glass of scotch.

"Yes, that's her father." Drago nodded.

"What?" Orlando's eyes widened. "That's her father?"

"Yes and now that I think about it, she used her father's first name as her surname." Drago nodded to himself.

"Okay, so her name is not Sonia but Alessandra, she is not shady, is she?" Julia asked and Drago looked at her.

"No Mom, she is, in fact, from a very prestigious family." Drago said. "She used another name due to some reasons."

"And she's getting married?" She asked and Drago nodded. "And you love her?"

Drago looked at his mother for ten seconds before sighing.

"I really think I do. I mean, I definitely like her a lot and the thought that she's getting married to someone else makes me want to jump off a roof." He said with a shake of his head.

"Oh my!" Julia gasped and quickly got up to sit beside her son. "Don't worry honey, everything will be fine. Just talk to her."

"I tried but she...was angry with me. Gina told me about this and then I tried to talk about it with Sonia-

"Wait a minute, Gina told you about this? How did she know?" Orlando frowned.

"She...investigated about-

"Are you serious? That is so unethical! Why...what was her purpose of doing this? She has no business with Sonia to do this!" Julia gasped angrily.

"I know. And Sonia was angry and she doesn't even want to talk to me." Drago said and tears filled his eyes. "She told me to leave her."

--

I do not own the picture. Credit goes to owner.