Chapter 14

EDITED

A terrible headache woke Sonia up the next day, which she couldn't cure even after three cups of extra strong coffee. She hadn't been able to sleep properly last night because she kept recalling the accident and it had almost given her a nightmare. Deciding it would be best if she didn't go to the site today, Tara promised she would see that everything was going on smoothly.

"Are you sure you'll be fine?" Sonia asked, as she sipped on a fourth cup.

"What do you think I am? Twelve? I am a grown up woman who can take care of myself and work at the same time." Tara replied as she put on some chap stick.

"If I feel better, I will come-

"Please don't. Just rest for a day, is that too much to ask?" Tara huffed.

"No, but I will be bored and-

Sonia hadn't even finished her sentence when Tara walked to the small desk they had and took three files. Placing them on the kitchen counter where Sonia sat, she pointed at them.

"Study them. You will be not bored." Tara said and Sonia pouted.

"You know I don't like reading all these files and documents. Why do you think you are with me ninety percent of the time?" Sonia mumbled.

"Touché." Tara said and picked up the car keys. "I will call you. You better not pick up because I want you sleeping for at least four hours. Goodnight! See you later!"

Sonia chuckled as her friend waved her goodbye and shut the door behind her. She finished her coffee and walked around the room, picking up the damp towel and spreading it on a chair and folding a few tops which Tara had left crumpled on the bed and on the ground. After cleaning around for a bit, when half an hour had passed, she decided to try to sleep. After all, she had nothing better to do other than reading the files Tara had left for her, which she didn't want to and her headache wasn't getting any better. Pulling the soft curtains, she went to bed to try taking a nap.

--

"Send these to them today and tell them that I want their reply by tomorrow twelve pm." Drago said as he signed a file and handed it to Tisha.

"Yes Sir." His secretary nodded and noted it down.

"And call David, ask him to meet me tomorrow regarding the new hotel's construction. Send him the details of the land." Drago said.

"Yes Sir." Tisha said as she wrote this down as well.

"Send me a cup of coffee." He said. "And I will be having lunch at home today so I will be back by three, when is my next meeting?"

"Five pm." Tisha replied as she looked at her diary.

Drago nodded and Tisha left after they discussed a little about the next meeting with an investor.

--

"Oh my God, this is too much for me to handle!" Tara whined as she walked around the site, careful of not falling or slipping down. "Should I call her...no, stop it Tara, she needs to sleep! You can do this!" She whispered to herself.

It was almost one pm, which meant lunch time and Tara was tired and hungry. She had spent most of the day talking to the engineers and the workers, discussing about the building and its upcoming structure while also answering numerous calls from different people associated with the orphanage. She couldn't wait for the clock to strike one when she could go to the office and eat some pizza and drink some cold iced tea.

"Madam, there is someone to meet you in the office." She was interrupted by a worker.

"Okay thanks. Please stay here, I will be back." She said and the man nodded.