Chapter 8

EDITED

One week passed and the construction of the orphanage was going in full swing. There was no sign of Drago around the site and Sonia was more than happy to welcome this absence. Somehow this guy had the godforsaken ability to get on her nerves in literally five seconds and she was not a fan of this, obviously.

"Hey, did you hear?" Tara walked into the newly constructed, temporary office.

"Hear what?" Sonia looked up from the file she was working on.

"Drago Barzetti has gone to India for some business deal. For two weeks." Tara replied.

"Ok. Umm, why are you telling me this?" Sonia frowned and Tara shrugged.

"Thought you might like to know his whereabouts."

"No, I am not interested. Why even-

"You don't like him and I thought that this news might make you feel...relaxed? Relieved? I don't know. Just that he is not going to bother you for two more weeks." Tara said and Sonia nodded, looking back into her file.

"Ok. Thanks. Anyways, any progress in the documents? Any calls from the Mayor's office?" Sonia asked and Tara shook her head.

"We just sent the papers yesterday, I think they will process them in two days and we will be clear in a week." Tara explained.

"Okay great." Sonia nodded.

--

The next day, Tara woke up to Sonia's upset and loud voice.

"How did this happen? I don't understand? How am I supposed to keep the construction going with this mistake on the papers?" Sonia was shouting on the phone, waving around a bunch of documents and Tara frowned.

"If the sign is not here in twenty-four hours, I will sue you for negligence!" Sonia threatened and cut the phone.

"Who was that?" Tara asked, rubbing off the sleep from her eyes.

"Barzetti office." Sonia replied and sat down, throwing her phone on the bed.

"What happened? Is everything okay?" Tara asked and Sonia huffed.

"No, it's not. Drago Barzetti forgot  to sign a document and now the construction cannot go on until he does." Sonia explained.

"What? How did we miss that?"

"I don't know but we did. They sent the papers without checking properly I guess and the Mayor's office just called and informed me as well as sent all the documents back." She replied, showing her the documents in her hand and an opened file on the bed.

"Ok, don't panic. We will get the signature." Tara shrugged.

"How? He is in India. We are here. And we cannot wait two weeks for him to come back, we don't have the time." Sonia sighed.

"Okay. Let me think what we can do." Tara said, assuring her friend.

"Idea!" Tara said suddenly. "We can get his father's signature. He is a business partner and his signature will be valid. And he is here."

"That's right. We can do that. Let's go right now!" Sonia jumped and Tara sighed.

"I haven't even brushed yet!"

An hour later, the ladies stood in front of the Barzetti's office, ready to go in.

"Are you sure we should go on in without an appointment?" Sonia asked.