Chapter 30

EDITED

"Honey, are you okay? Your voice doesn't sound so-

"I am fine, really." Sonia interrupted her mother's worry as she walked to her office the next morning. "I just couldn't sleep well last night and have a terrible headache now, that's why I am sounding dull."

"Oh, okay." Her mother said, but didn't sound convinced. "Anyways, I just called to inform you that your father and I are going to Japan for a business trip for a week."

"That's great. Have a lot of sushi!" Sonia smiled as she opened the office's door.

"You know I don't like fish-

"I know; I was just teasing you honey!" Sonia laughed softly and her mother huffed. "Okay, I just reached. I have a lot of work so I'll message you later. Okay?"

"Yes, yes. Don't do too much though, you are not feeling-

"I know! I love you." Sonia said softly.

"I love you too. Bye!" Her mother said and she cut the call.

Sonia sighed loudly before walking inside and putting her bag on the table. Quickly making a large cup of coffee, she took out the bagel she had bought and had her small breakfast alone.

--

"Why aren't you eating honey?" Julia asked as she saw Drago stare in his plate.

"Drago?" Orlando said as their son refused to respond.

He tapped his arm lightly and Drago looked up with his baggy eyes.

"Oh honey, what happened!" His mother asked in a concerned tone.

"Nothing. Didn't sleep well last night." He said simply and took the glass of juice in his hands.

"Well, that's what will happen if you go on late night escapades." His father said as he sipped his coffee and Drago almost choked on his juice.

"Night escapades?" His mother frowned. "What do you mean?"

"Ask your son, where did he secretly run off to at eleven pm in his pyjamas." Orlando said, in a slightly angry tone. "I suppose he has no worries about his family's reputation now."

"Drago, what is your father talking about?" Julia asked, her worry tripled now.

"I had gone to...help a friend." Drago replied slowly.

"Is this the same friend with whom you had dinner lately?" Orlando asked and Drago kept quiet. "You are certainly spending a lot of time with this new friend."

"Dad, it's not what you-

"You went to meet Sonia?" His mother asked suddenly.

"It was just-

"So you really had run off to see that girl!" Orlando exclaimed and looked at wife. "That's new of him!"

"Is everything okay Drago?" His mother asked the real question and he gulped before nodding. "Is Sonia okay?"

"Yes, she's fine." He said and stood up. "I am getting quite late; I will see you later. Dad, are you coming to the office?"

"Hmm, I will come after lunch." His father nodded and kept eating his breakfast.

"Bye Mom." Drago said and quickly walked out.

"I cannot believe it! Just two days ago he was saying he loved Gina and now this? Running off, late at night to see Sonia? I just cannot understand him lately!" Julia said, shaking her head.

"I think I understand what's happening." Orlando said and smiled.

"And what is that?" His wife asked.

"He's starting to get confused." He shrugged simply.

"Confused about what?" She asked, not understanding her husband.

"Confused about his old feelings for Gina and new ones for-

"Sonia?" She interrupted and gasped slowly as Orlando nodded. "But how can...when did he...he said, two days ago, Mom, I love her. And by her, he meant Gina and now you are saying he is confused? In just forty-eight hours, he has started getting confused-

"Oh darling, when it's love, who looks at the time! We married within eight weeks of knowing each other, don't you remember?" Orlando asked and held his wife's hand softly.

"Yes but...how do you know it's love?" She asked, starting to get worried about her son.

"I think it is. I think it may be. If he really loved Gina, from the bottom of his heart, he would have never gotten confused. But I believe, because Sonia was able to make him question his feelings for Gina in just a few weeks after her arrival, that this is definitely something strong. Don't you?" Orlando explained and Julia bit her lip.

"How are you so sure that he's confused?" She asked and crossed her arms.

"Don't you see?" Orlando chuckled. "Why do you think that he's coming late most of the days? Or reaching the office late? Because he goes to visit the orphanage's construction site, quite regularly. And why would he go there? It's not his land anymore, it's not his business anymore. But something, or rather someone is there every day. Sonia."

"Oh my! And how do you know all that!" She asked in complete surprise.

"The driver informed me. And those dinner dates; when he came back two hours later than his usual grocery shopping time and when he took her to Thomas. And do you remember, when Sonia and her friend were here on dinner and I kept asking Sonia questions, how he would just interrupt our conversations just because she felt slightly at discomfort?" He explained again and Julia listened quietly. "And then we have yesterday. He went to see her, in his pyjamas, at almost midnight."

"I never...noticed all that. I can't believe...oh my God. Do you think it's serious?" Julia asked, looking at her husband with a worried face.

"I don't know. We should give him some time to sort everything out himself. I doubt he knows that this is what's going inside his head. You see how daft he is about his feelings for Gina, who knows what he'll do this time!" Orlando said and sipped his coffee as Julia sat there in silence.

--

I do not own the picture. Credit goes to owner.