Chapter 12

EDITED

At sharp nine in the morning, Drago left to see the sites for the hotel direct from his mansion. The site was one and a half hour away and Tisha told him all about the land on their way.

"It is owned by a family who owned a farm there. They are relocating to Canada in a year and want to sell the land. It is a huge land, here are the details." Tisha said and handed over a file to Drago.

"It's quite massive." Drago nodded as he studied the file. "Quite close to the airport as well. But also, quite far from the main city. What is the price they are quoting?"

"Ten percent more of what we are offering." Tisha said and Drago nodded.

"Let's go and see it, if it's worth it I won't mind paying." He said.

"Do you want me to contact the consulting team and tell them to see the land as well?" Tisha said and Drago shook his head.

"No need, I will be overlooking this project mostly myself." He said and started studying the file.

--

"Did you-

"I sent a bouquet to Mr Barzetti's office and it was delivered two hours ago, thank you for asking!" Sonia said as she munched on a sandwich.

"Are you a mind reader or what?" Tara exclaimed and her friend chuckled in the midst of her lunch.

"No, but I can read you. I know this was bothering you from the moment you woke up." Sonia chuckled and Tara smiled.

"So, did you get any message from him?" She asked.

"No." Sonia shook her head. "Anyways, he does not have my number."

"What? You don't have each other's numbers?" Tara asked, shocked.

"What's the need for me to have his personal number? I have his office number, that's enough." Sonia shrugged and sipped her milkshake.

"Guess you're right." Tara mumbled.

"But still." Sonia says a few moments later. "I think he should have said something by now or told his secretary to call me."

"Are you upset he didn't?" Tara frowned.

"Not upset just...kinda-

"Look who's talking! Yesterday, you weren't acknowledging his apology and now when he's doing the same, you get pissed. Great!" Tara shook her head and clapped dramatically.

"I am not pissed!" Sonia exclaimed. "I am just...anyways, whose side are you on?"

"I am on the side of what's right. Don't forget I am a lawyer!" Tara replied and Sonia just rolled her eyes.

They had their lunch in peace In the next hour and Tara left to make some phone calls while Sonia decided to call her mother.

"Hi darling." Her mother picked up in the first ring.

"Hi Mom, how are you?" Sonia asked.

"I am great, how about you? How's the construction going?" Her mother asked with a loving tone.

"It's going good. It's very busy but I have a feeling we may finish a month in advance." Sonia replied and walked to the window of her small temporary office.

"Really! Oh that's great!" Her mother sounded excited and Sonia chuckled.

"It's just a feeling, I am not sure yet." Sonia said and can hear her mother laugh softly.

"Well, feelings are not always wrong darling." She replied and Sonia shrugged.

"I miss you all, you never call me!" Sonia grumbled and could hear her sister's voice.

"Who wants to hear your ugly voice?" Her sister shouted from behind their mother.

"I don't want to hear your  ugly voice, that's why I always call Mom and not you!" Sonia replied back and laughed as her sister whined.

"Mom!" Her sister cried.

"Oh my, why are you still fighting! Come on and say sorry! Can't believe I have adult daughters fighting like little girls!" Their mother said exasperatedly and the sisters laughed loudly.

"Sorry, we love you Mumma!" They both said together and Sonia chuckled, missing her family.

"Honey, you know why we don't call you. If we listen to your voice, we can't help but wish to be there with you!" Her mother said sadly, answering her earlier question.

"Well, you can listen to me right now, are you not wishing you were here right now?" Sonia replied.

"Yes, but whenever you call us, you tell us how busy you are and we understand you." Her mother said and Sonia smiled.

"How's Dad?" She asked.

"Great. He made dinner yesterday!" Her mother told and Sonia gasped.

"What! I can't believe I missed his steak!" Sonia grumbled. "He promised he won't make steak when I was away!"

"He didn't cook steak, we made pizzas!" Her sister replied and Sonia chuckled.

"Really-

Sonia was suddenly interrupted by Tara rushing into her office.

"Sonia, a worker fell down, please hurry!" She quickly said before rushing out again.

"Mom, I will call you back, love you!" Sonia said quickly and cut the call.

Taking out a first aid kit from under her desk, she ran out as fast as she could towards the accident site, where the workers had huddled. She rushed to them as they all picked up an injured worker who was bleeding from his head.

"Did you call the ambulance?" Sonia asked and a worker nodded.

"Yes, it'll be here in five minutes." He replied and Sonia nodded as she opened the first aid kit.

--

"All the sites were pretty good." Drago said and Tisha nodded. "What do you think?"

"Yes, they all were really nice. I really liked the third site though. It really had a great view and it's only a thirty-five-minute ride to the city. Even the price they are asking is great."

"Yes." Drago nodded. "I liked it too."

"Oh my!" Tisha suddenly said a few minutes later as she checked her phone.

"Is everything alright?" Drago asked.

"There was an accident at Ms Sonia's construction site!" Tisha informed Drago.

"What! What happened?" He asked. "Take us to the orphanage construction site!" He told the driver who turned the car in the asked direction.

"A worker slipped and hurt his head. That's all I know." Tisha said and Drago felt his chest tighten.

Ten minutes later, they reached the site and Drago rushed towards Sonia's office. Without knocking, he opened the door, only to find Sonia lying on a tiny couch, her clothes bloodied.

--

I do not own the picture. Credit goes to owner.