XVI : Smoky

[Use your imagination and pictures yourself with Peter, take your time for this chapter.]

And I saw scars upon her.
Tell me when it kicks in.

.
.
.

Parker's pov

We drove all the way to my place. She didn't say a word ever since we left the school. She was so sad, so blue. What could i do to make her feel better?

I took her to the elevator, to the very top floor of this hotel building, where i sleep every night alone.

She looked a little interesting on how i own this hotel and living in it, i told her on the elevator that it's much easier to land a helicopter and the view of New York city is just gorgeous. She just nodded along.

I show her the place, but of all the spot in my room she likes the couch near the large mirror, where you can see the whole city down there. That's when she started speaking something simple, like my place is beautiful.

She wanted to be alone. She was too polite to tell me. Here i am bringing her a blanket so she can wrap herself warm near the fireplace, next to the window that she likes.

"I have to call my clients, i'll be back in a bit, alright?" I said softly.

She nodded. Then stared down at the city lights.

I left, then just stood at my bathroom still. I have no clients to call to, it was just an excuse. I look upon myself, the bastard in the mirror looks so desperate. What the fuck do you want with that expression? I tried to figure myself out.

Maybe love? I haven't had one for so long. Maybe i'm just craving for some feelings, for someone to share my loneliness.

Wow i speak bullshit.

I decided to take a bath, wash away everything. I wrapped myself with towel then walked out.

She turned around, the looked surprised. Wait, why? Oh. Because i'm shirtless, i see.

"You're done calling?" She asked.

"Yes. I took a bath as well. You want to take one?"

She nodded. I handed her over the stuff she needs. Spare some of my white t shirt. When she's done, she walked over to me with wet hair.

What a beauty. I thought to myself. "Thank you." She said to me.

I looked at her worryingly, how the fuck can i make her happy.

"How do you feel?" I questioned.

"Just tired."

Lie.

"Truth only."

She looked at me then smiled. "You always figures me out."

I smiled back. We smiled at each other quietly, against the sound of the flames in the fireplace. In the dark with only candle lights around us.