XXIX : Mahogany

Inescapable, I'm not even gonna try'
And if I get burned, at least we were electrified'

.
.
.

   After greeting all the quests and indulging them with expensive champagnes and fancy dishes, Parker escaped the crowd to the table at the very deepest corner of the party.

He took off his suit and tie, unbuttoned a little, rolled his sleeves up and just drink none stop. In his head he was repeating your voice, tried not to let it kill him alive.

Don't know for how long but the next thing he knows was that his table was full with empty glasses and he can't seem to find his suit that he threw it away. So Peter decided to call out the waiter for a couple more glasses of champagne.

Someone stopped him and told the waiter to go, it was Steve Rogers.

"What happened?" He asked with the softest smile, joining Peter at the table.

"Nothing."

"Don't hide it, you're a mess. It's about (Y/n) right?" Peter sighed because Steve always knows when something's wrong.

"Yes." He admitted.

   "What exactly happened? I could give you some advice."

   "Did Tony told you to come?" He said sarcastically.

   "No and Tony is taking care of the party while the owner like yourself is wasting his youth on alcohol." Steve took a glass off Peter's hand.

   "You sounds like a dad."

   Steve smiled. "So. What is going on? I thought you two are back together."

   "We're over, I guess."

   "And you're fine with that?"

   "Of course not. Can you please let me drink some more."

   "No. Not until you go get the girl back."

   I groaned as i ran my fingers through my hair. "She's seeing someone new. What can i do?"

   "And what you're going to let him have her and live off alcohol and sorrows from now on?" He asked, showing a little intense look.

   "You don't sound like Steve."

   "I don't know about that Peter, one thing i do is you should never wait for something to happen, it always too late, you want something just go get it back. Trust me, never wait until it's too late, i learned it the hard way."

.
.
.

You stepped out of the taxi in your nike shoes, look up to the luxury hotel the party took place. It's late at night, the party is almost over, you wish he'd still be here.

   The guards won't let you in judging by the clothes you're wearing that is not a night gown, but once seeing your face he stuttered your surname and bowed.