Brother and Sister

Chapter 17

18th of Evening Star, 4E 201

Two days until the wedding, the miraculous event where the bride will be shot with a throwing dagger. Not an arrow, but a silver, newly polished dagger, waiting to be tainted with blood. There will be pastries, drinks, and snacks, enough for all the guests at the wedding.

The crowds of Solitude become more frequent, as the news spread throughout the cities of Skyrim. Even the citizens of Falkreath and Riften are eagerly waiting to travel to Solitude. Because of the wagons being taken, there will be a delay with Veezara's interference in aiding our escape.

All the shops are crowded, and other accessories are being taken, even from a Blacksmith's shop. The inn's rooms are now full, with complaining residents from the cities that were difficult to travel from. Some even asked to stay in Proudspire Manor, but I couldn't help but drive them away.

The couriers are taking extra long to travel to their destinations, and even hitch rides on wagons because of the busy streets.

I do my daily routine with letters, and unfold the note with a health potion bottle clinging onto it with a thread.

Sister,

This is the dangerous poison mixed with spit, Falmer blood, uncleaned Deathbell, bone meal, Jazbay grapes, and a whole lot of other ingredients. If you do tend to poison Vittoria's food, be aware the dangers that may occur.

1.) She may refuse to eat the food.

2.) Another guest may eat the food.

3.) You or Kaito may eat the food.

In order to get a more successful kill, instead coat the poison onto a weapon. The coating will be disguised as polish, and will not be noticed as a threat. If you do not wish to kill with a weapon, simply save the poison. Babette explained there is a gargoyle hanging above the balcony. Old means weak. Weak means it could fall. But, that risks the chance of escape. Veezara may not arrive in Solitude in time, so be prepared.

This will be a very dangerous contract. Have Kaito help you in some way, use your invisibility spell, too. It will make unnecessary noise, but at least you will have time to slip on a hood. Please be safe.

If possible, we will try to send Shadowmere to aid your escape if Veezara cannot. Unfortunately, traveling citizens will mistake him of a monster, and that has happened multiple times. You will have to run to safety. Again, do not mistake this as one ordinary contract. Be attentive at all costs.

~Astrid

The marketplace is also extremely busy, probably the best business Solitude has had in years.

Jarl Elisif can be seen strolling the streets, guards surrounding every corner.

Irritated, I wait for Kaito to carefully choose his choice of food as I read my book.

"What are you doing?" Kaito asks, looking over my shoulder. The area is so crowded, people browsing for food or other items do not have a chance to even get a glimpse of anything.

"Reading," I reply tediously, flipping the page of A Hypothetical Treachery. Can't that idiot see I'm trying to prepare for the reception?

"Hypothetical Treachery? Isn't that a skill book?"

I give him my best how-stupid-are-you glare, the expression he's seen on me plenty of times, and nod.

"This is way too slow," I groan, plunging my face into my book. Oh man, if I don't get out of here soon, I'll get anxious. Especially over the people pushing and shoving so rudely.