Chapter Three

Ava's POV

"Urgh" I groaned, rolling off my bed after being woken up by a loud annoying shriek from my phone. Slumping into my bathroom, I take a quick warm shower, making sure to wash my hair evenly. Stepping out of the shower, I wondered back into my bedroom seeing the time, I had 30 minutes left until I had to start making my journey. Quickly I dry my hair into loose waves, I lightly swiped my mascara over my eyelashes. Walking towards my wardrobe, I take out my slim black trousers, a cream blouse and a black blazer. Quickly sliding on my heels, I walk out my bedroom, grabbing myself a slice of bread. I eat it quickly, while I heard a knock on my door. I open it quickly and engulf Isla into a hug.

"Thank you so much for doing this, I'm sorry I can't stay, I have to get going, its gonna be a long walk." I say placing a kiss on her cheek.

"It's absolutely fine, I'd do anything for you and Charlie you know that. And here take this, take a taxi so you won't be walking into that interview all sweaty and that." She said, handing my £30.

"No Isla, that is too much, I can't take your money. You know it'll only cost about £15." I said, handing her back the money.

"No, I want you to take it, get a taxi, and before go get a coffee or something, treat yourself. Please!" she said, handing me back the money. "No, go get your pretty arse to that interview and shine like you always do." She said, giving me a hug, before technically pushing me through the door.

Practically running down the steps, I walk to the side of the pavement and try and hail the nearest taxi. Once one stops, I tell the driver where to go, and he takes off before the door even closes. Sitting in the taxi for about 20 minutes, we get to a massive office in the centre of London.

"Thank you very much, how much do I owe you?" I ask the driver, preparing to get out.

"That's okay, and it is £15.60." he says. I place the money in his hands, and he hands me the change.

Looking at my tiny little iPhone 4, I see the time is 8:15. I decided to walk into the office seeing as it is always better to be earlier than late. Walking up to the reception, I wait to be seen.

"Hello, how may I help you?" I heard this almost familiar voice ask.

"Hello, my name is Ava Wilson, I was told to be here at 8:30 for the job interview." I say, smiling to the young-looking receptionist.

"Oh, hello, I talked to you last night. Good luck again, and if you wait just over there." She said pointing to comfy looking sofas, "I'll get the secretary to come and get you when it is your time to go up."

"Okay, thank you very much." I say before walking towards the sofas. Sitting myself down, as gracefully as I could, I waited nervously as my leg guttered up and down.

"Miss Wilson, please follow me for your interview." I heard a male voice say. Getting up off my chair, I turn to him and follow him to lift. Once we walked out of the lift, I realised we were on the top floor, which was about 30 stories up. "Good luck Miss Wilson." He said, placing a hand on my shoulder, slightly pushing me towards two massive oak doors.

Knocking on the door, I waited until I heard a noise for the other side.

"Come in." I heard a very masculine voice say. I slowly push a heavy oak door open. Walking in, I see a man in a suit with his head down as if he was looking at his computer. Sitting down in a soft seat in front of his desk, he finally lifted his head.

"Ava?"

"Colton?" We both said at the same time. In front of me, was the man I met at the park yesterday, the man I fell asleep to last night. "Um sorry sir. I am here for the job interview." I said, trying to not sound nervous.