First day of a senior

I'm so excited for this story.

Dan POV

My phone buzz's as my alarm rings at its loudest. I groan and slip out from my covers. "Dan Howell, get out of bed!" My mum yells. A sigh escapes my lips as I waltz to my closet. "I'm getting dressed!" I yell back finally, rolling my eyes, knowing that she won't see it.

I shuffle through the closet, looking for the lightest pink and lavender I can find. If I wanna look good for the first day of senior year. Once I find the outfit, I look for my overalls and my flower crown.

About ten minutes pass and I walk to my bathroom, looking in the mirror. I sigh and try fixing my brown locks of curls. "Daniel! C'mon hurry up!" My mum shrieks. I roll my eyes and walk out of my pink room.

I hear my mum and dad talking to each other as I slowly walk downstairs. "There's the freak now." My dad murmurs. I look down at the carpet, trying not to make eye contact. "So, you excited for the last year of high school?" Mum asks. I groan with an eye roll, again, "You know my answer Mum. No, I'm not." I snap. "Hey, watch your tone missy!" Dad yells. "I'm a boy, Dad." I say with a stern look. "You sure don't dress like one." He mumbles, rolling his eyes. I look down again at my outfit, I shrug and walk over to my backpack. "No breakfast?" Mum says concerned. I shake my head no, walking to the door.

I jog over to the bus stop where my three best friends are. Brendon, Patrick and Melanie. "Hey, Danny boy." Brendon says, smiling. "Hi." I murmur back. "You seem down, You okay?" Patrick asks gazing at my outfit. I nod and fake smile. "Your hair seems curlier than last year." Melanie says, "It's cute." "Yeah, a whole summer of doing chores and being outside is gonna change it." I snap. "Woah, buddy, what's with the salty attitude?" Brendon says, wide eyed. "Sorry, bad morning." I sigh, rubbing my forehead.

The bus finally arrives, opening the doors. We walk on, leaving me last to jump in. Once I got up to the driver, a paper is instantly thrown at my face, making others on the bus laugh. "Hey, leave him alone." Brendon yells." I smile a bit, and find a seat by Brendon. He's been my best friend since first grade. "People don't know how to fucking act." He murmurs, pulling out his phone. I sigh and look out the window, thinking how horrible this day could go.

TIME LAPSE

I walk into the school with only Brendon by my side. Patrick and Melanie had to go to the other side of the school for their classes. Brendon and I both have first hour together. Once I was done at my locker, we walked into the class. Ugh, English.

We walk in and almost immediately, everyone looks over at the door and sees Brendon and I. I swallow hard and slowly walk in. "Ah hello boys, I'm Mrs. Linch. I'm guessing you are Dan and Brendon?" She asks. We both nod. "Well here are the seats. Brendon you sit over in the front." "Nice, see ya." He says tapping my shoulder. "And Dan, you sit in the back, next to Phil." She motions to the back, Phil waves. Damn, he's hot, like really fucking hot. I shake my thoughts away and walk to the seat. "Hello mate, I'm Phil." He says. I smile a bit, "Hi, my name is Dan." (Hehe)

TIME LAPSE

As class ended, I got up and quickly got out of the room. I wanted to leave. As I was walking, I hear footsteps behind me. "Hey, wait up." Someone says. I turn around and see Phil, standing what seems like another 5 inches on me. I gulp hard, "H-hi." I stutter. God I'm an idiot. "Uh, I was thinking, maybe we could get to know each other a bit more, like after school?" He sounded nervous. I was shocked. A popular, jock want to hang out with ME? I finally close my jaw from surprise and answer, "Uh, yeah, sounds great."  "Ok, cool. Meet me at the poll in the back of the school." He says and walks away. I just sit there, in my pastel overalls and flower crown, watching Phil Lester  walk away from talking to me. I shake my head as I walk to my next class, still surprised at what just happened. Maybe this year won't be so bad.

I'm loving this story already.

>•<Sky>•<