Chapter 15

I finally went swimming outside for the first time ahah

————-
WARNING SOME TRIGGER WARNINGS

Phil POV

After what Dan had showed me, I couldn't sleep. Honestly, I really want to just forget everything that happened and make it all go away. Usually I don't get depressed. Dan helps me through that. Now that his mom and dad are gone at the moment, we can't miss any more school. Meaning, we have to go back today.

I sigh and roll out of the covers, noticing Dan isn't there. I see that the bathroom door in his room is closed and the light is on. "Dan?" I mumble. I hear shuffling in the room, but no answer. I quietly knock on the door and hear something fall onto the tile floor. It sounded light, like maybe a medicine container or something. "Dan?" I say again now trying to open the door, locked. I sigh and go over to the side of his bed and pull out a pin. I walk over to the door and pic the lock.

I opened the door finally and see Dan in the bath tub, about to open a package of pain killers. He gets scared and dropped them in the empty tub. "Dan!" I almost shout. He instantly starts crying and climbs into my arms. "I-I'm sorry, Phil!" He cries, sounding like a baby. His voice was cracking and he finally stopped his loud crying and went to slow sobs.

"Daniel, what were you thinking?" I say sternly. "I-I don't know!" He cries again. I pull him into a hug and shush him. "Hey, hey. It's alright. Now, what I'm about to tell you is something you won't like, but we have to do it. It's the law." I start, he looks away. "Hospital I'm guessing?" He sniffs. "Hell no, I won't let them take you. What we have to do is we have to go to school today. Now that there are no parents at the moment, we can't miss anymore school."

He cries softly. Finally, he nods. We both clean up and get dressed. "Don't worry, I'll be here with you." I soothe. His clear as ocean tears start to flow again, "What if people find out?" He asks. "What do you mean?" I ask confused. "My secret.." He trails off. "Everyone will know." He whispers. I tell him to calm down and we walk outside for the first time since yesterday morning. We quickly get into my car and drive to school.

TIME LAPSE

Dan POV

As we arrived, I noticed my hands starting to shake. Phil started noticing too, he grabs my hand closest to him and holds it tightly. He pulls into a parking spot and kills the engine. We get out of the car and look like nothing has happened the past few days. We noticed a few looks from others that we both had gotten out of the same car together and that we are back from like two weeks almost.

I look around the grounds, and see people talking to their friends and seeking quick peeks at us. Phil gets closer to me and smiles. I smile a fake smile back as we both walk into the pits of our hell.

——-

I'm sorry

>•<Sky>•<