Gideon's Madness

~~O~~

"What news do you have for me, Shileiko?" Gideon asked his witch while boarding the ship.

Followed by a few of his guards, he stood on the deck and watched his men carry some treasure chests.

"What news?" he asked her again.

Shileiko walked towards him with a worried face. "Forgive me if I am the bearer of a bad one."

Gideon glared at her. "What is it now?"

"Mirialia is missing, the guards could not find her since yesterday afternoon."

"What!" he shouted angrily. "How did she escape?"

Shileiko said nothing, for she doesn't know how it happened either. "A search party is already out there to find her, my lord."

But Gideon was not contented. "Maldek!" He called one of his captains.

The man hurried towards him and bowed. "You summoned me, my lord?"

"The lady has gone out of the ship. Gather your best guards and find her, put a bounty on her head if needed so other people will help you." he commanded furiously.

"As you wish, my lord. I shall take my leave now." the captain obeyed and left.

~~O~~

Hours have passed since Maldek left with fifty of the guards, Malbim and his party returned. Gideon immediately summoned him to his room.

"What did you find out?" he asked.

"My lord, forgive us. We did not find her in Laketown-" Malbim answered.

"Then where could she have gone?!" Gideon yelled.

"But my lord, some men told us that they saw a woman running into the forest. They said she was carrying something in her hands and she ran as if someone is pursuing her." he reported.

Gideon paused for a moment. "Into the forest...carrying something?" he narrowed his eyes.

"Yes, my lord." the captain said.

"Mirialia is carrying something." Shileiko echoed as she made her way to the room.

"How do you know?" Gideon turned to her.

"The Elvenking's necklace, it is missing from the vault. She could have gone to the Great Forest." She informed him. "Aside from the necklace, she took the Elven map as well."

Gideon's hands turned into fists, anger bottled up inside him. "You will find her, search every place in the forest. All roads, all rivers. Bring her to me. And if you are able to bring the Elvenking's head, you will be greatly rewarded."

Malbim, terrified at his lord's order, immediately left.

"Thranduil, son of Oropher, he is now the king. You have met him." the witch asked.

"He has always been my rival for Dorwinion wine." he said.

"So much anger, I can sense now. It is not just the wine, is it? There is something more to this." Shileiko circled him.

"I will never forget the face of that elf. My ancestors were slain by his father, as if it was a curse on my kin." Gideon said while remembering everything that his father and grandfather told him.

"So, what will you do now? Looks like your half-elf has found her way home." Shileiko reminded him.

"No! She is mine, Shileiko! She is forever bound to live with us! I will get her back!" he shouted angrily, smashing the cup of wine he was holding onto the wall.

"She is alive, and she is with him." He said. "I need power, Shileiko. So strong I can kill Thranduil with my own hands."

"I am working on it. But I need one more thing." Shileiko said.

"What is it?" the corsair lord asked curiously.

"I need her light. She will make you stronger." she answered.

The corsair held the thought for a moment, "Then we will find her."

The witch smiled wickedly at her master.

~~O~~

Thank you for reading!