A Broken Love

~~O~~

"Is it true?" Mirialia asked the sylph who was flying in front of her. "Everything that Lady Eowyn told me. Are they all true?"

"My lady." Fain replied sadly.

"But...why?" she asked the Lady of Rohan.

"Mirialia, the elves marry just once. They fall in love just once, and King Thranduil only ever loved his wife. The mother of Legolas." Eowyn replied.

Tears started to form on the girl's eyes, another hole has been punched through her chest.

"That is the reason why I want you to stay here. I don't want you to get hurt. Pain. That's what you will get in return if you love him and if you stay there." she explained. "He may see you as a lovely elf maiden, yes. But he will never love you the way you want him to."

"But...I cannot...I cannot just forget him." Mirialia's voice cracked.

"No. No, you should not forget him. He is your kin, your savior, your protector. Do not forget him." Eowyn said as she cupped her chin. "But you must bury your love for him."

Mirialia lowered her gaze, she felt time suddenly stopped around her.

"One day, your prince will come. He may not be riding a white horse, or have a big castle. But he will want you, and only you. And that will be better... much better than any fairytale." Eowyn told her while holding her hand.

"Yes, my lady." Fain answered. "Everything that the Lady said is true."

The hole in her chest deepened upon hearing Fain's answer. She took a step back and sat on her bed. The tears that formed in her eyes, fell down one by one. She looked at her hands but she could not see it clearly because of her tears.

"Then the kiss is just...is just." Mirialia sobbed as she remembered the Elvenking's words.

"I will kiss you whenever I wish. Consider it a part of your punishment."

His voice echoed in her head.

"It's all just a punishment." she cried, putting her hands on her face.

She coiled on her bed, for she could not take the pain. Mirialia cried herself to sleep, and the sylph did not leave her side.

~~O~~

When Mirialia woke up, it was the day she will be going back to the Woodland Realm. The sun shone brightly on her face but she could not feel it. She stared at the ceiling of her room, she could not hear anything. No, she do not want to hear anything. Fain woke up and flew on her face.

"My lady, it's time." the sylph reminded her.

She lazily got off the bed and stood near the window.

"What will I see when I go back, Fain?" Mirialia asked blankly.

There was a short pause before the fairy answered. "Your kin, my lady. Tauriel, Calen and Legolas." He did not mention the Elvenking for he knew how she would feel. "And the forest."

"You're right. The forest." she said weakly.

~~O~~

"Forgive me, my lady. I won't be able to escort you back to the Woodland Realm. King Elessar requested for my presence, I will be going back to Gondor." Faramir told her. "But I will have my captain go with you. He will lead the way."

Mirialia let out a small smile, "It's alright, Lord Faramir. Thank you for your kindness."

"I shall take my leave. I will see you again...soon." Faramir smiled and bowed to her.

"The guards and the captain are ready, they are waiting for you." Eowyn said as she walked towards her.

Mirialia put on her cloak, and walked outside of the hall, followed by Eowyn.

"Mirialia, please say thank you to Tauriel and Legolas for me. For their gifts." Eowyn said.

"I will." she replied.

Eowyn hugged her tight and cupped her cheek, "Once Ithilien is restored, I want you to live with us there."

Mirialia forced a smile, "I will see you again, my lady."

~~O~~

The gates of Edoras were opened, and the captain led the way towards the secret passage. It has been hours since they left when it started to rain. As they continue with their journey, the rain fell hard and heavy that they can no longer see their track.

"It will be difficult to find the way if it's raining this hard." one soldier said.

"There is another way, we will take that path once the storm has passed. For now, let's look for a place to stay." The captain informed them.

"But King Thranduil wants us to take the secret passage! He said it's the safest road!" the soldier shouted again.

She heard his name again. She could not breathe everytime she hear it.

"You already said it yourself that we might lose the path because of the rain." the captain said. "If we take the other way, the Lady will arrive sooner than the elves would expect."

Everyone agreed with the captain, so they decided to take the other route. They passed by a grassy valley, a small river flowed beside it.

Mirialia still kept silent, remembering all what Eowyn said to her. She could not get it out of her head. She then heard a loud thunder, maybe that's the reason why the horses became frantically noisy, she thought.

Suddenly, strong hands grabbed her shoulder and a voice called out to her.

"My lady! My lady!" he shouted.

His voice snapped her back to reality. "Captain."

"My lady! We are under attack!" he shouted again.

As soon as he said it, an arrow pierced on his chest.

"Run. My lady."

~~O~~

Thank you for reading!