The Royal Wedding

The image is her wedding dress.

~~O~~

"The theme is pink!" Fain shouted, pointing a finger upward. "Pink flowers, pink ribbons, pink dresses, everything should be pink."

"No way!" Liath argued. "It should be green! We have to be one with the forest."

"I like yellow." Fionn said, while sitting on one of the branches of a tree.

"Huh? Fionn, by the time that day comes, winter is already here. So, yellow and snow? Uh-uh, no go." Fain laughed proudly. "Am I right?"

His companions just stared at him, when Cielo just sighed and left. "Whatever Fain, let the elves decide on that, while I will visit Lord Faramir and see what he will be wearing."

~~O~~

Eight months of preparation, the news have spread and the invitations have been sent. During those times, Thranduil's people were busy. Merchants from neighboring lands offered materials and things that were needed for the upcoming event, which has been sincerely accepted. A huge reconstruction and redecoration of the courtyard has been done and it became grand. Dorwinion sent hundreds of barrels of their wine as a gift for Thranduil.

Mirialia stood in amusement, while watching the seamstresses of both Woodland Realm and Rohan worked on her wedding gown. Two elleth were taking her measurements, when Tauriel walked in.

"Tauriel!" Mirialia happily greeted, hugging her tight. "I have not seen you for months. Where have you been?"

"I have been sent to Lorien so I can bring the news to Lord Celeborn and Lady Galadriel. I've also sent there to escort the Elders back here."

"Elders?" the young woman asked curiously.

"The Elders are the oldest Sindars of our land. Lord Glauron and Lady Amariel have arrived. And they cannot wait to see you." Tauriel smiled.

"Oh, alright." Mirialia said. "I will be seeing them once everything is done here."

Tauriel planted a kiss on her cheek, "I am so glad to see you, mellon nin. There is nothing more I could wish for, but to see you happy on that day."

"Thank you, Tauriel." She smiled back. "You have always been my friend."

"I will see you later." The red-haired elf said as she left.

~~O~~

"After thousands of years, you will be marrying again, Thranduil. I still could not believe it." one of the Elders, Lord Glauron stared intently at him. His blue eyes clearly indicating disapproval.

"I say the same, my friend." The Elvenking agreed truthfully.

Glauron sighed, and leaned his back at the rail of the balcony. "You are literally breaking the tradition."

"You're right, I am. With the Valar's permission." Thranduil coolly defended his actions.

"Make sure that this marriage will not create conflict with Rohan." the Elder reminded him.

"What makes you think there will be a conflict?" Thranduil asked.

"Jealousy." The word came bitter from his mouth. "It has always been a part of Men's heart. Being a daughter of Bern, the people of Rohan wanted to claim her. But now that you are marrying her, do you think they accepted it with smiles on their faces?"

Thranduil poured wine on Glauron's goblet as he answered. "If there will be any conflict, Miriel and I will take care of it. You should not worry."