Forgiveness

~~O~~

"A messenger from Rohan came here and gave this letter. He said it's an invitation for Mirialia for Lady Eowyn's birthday." Calen informed Tauriel and the envelope to her.

"Le hannon. I will give this to her." she said.

"But she is still under punishment. I do not think the king will allow her to go." Calen voiced out his thought.

"But I do hope for forgiveness, Calen." the other replied.

Thranduil allowed the red-haired elf to visit Mirialia, to inform her about the upcoming celebration in Rohan. When she entered the room, she saw the woman studying on her small table. Her eyes were very focused on the book she was reading, Thranduil gave her another series of tests about their language.

A small smile curved on her lips. "You are doing well, Mirialia."

Mirialia almost jumped from her seat when Tauriel called her. "Oh! Tauriel, you startled me!"

"I'm sorry. A letter from Rohan arrived." the elf told her handing out the envelope. "It is an invitation for Lady Eowyn's birthday."

"Her birthday! How could I have almost forgotten?"Mirialia exclaimed, placing a hand on her forehead.

But her smile disappeared when she realized her present situation.

"Thank you, Tauriel. But I think I am not going anywhere." she said.

The elf gently stroke her shoulder, to ease her pain a little. "I do not hold the king's decision, neither your future. But, what I do know is everything that happened will lead into something better. There is always a reason. So, don't you lose that hope." She pointed at her heart. "Do what must be done while you hold onto it. Because in the end, hope will show you that it's all worth it."

Placing a soft kiss on her head, Tauriel left the room. Tears streamed down on Mirialia's face as she went back on her study. Everything the elf said truly touched her heart.

Lady Eowyn, whether I will be there on your special day or not, my heart goes out with you.

~~O~~

Later that evening, Thranduil saw her standing near the window. Gazing at the distant forest, she held the envelope on her hand.

"Are you done with the task I gave you?" he asked.

Mirialia quickly shifted her attention the moment she heard him. She picked up the papers on the table and gave it to him. Thranduil looked at her answers from one page to another. They were all correct.

"Very good." he complimented.

"Thank you." she said in a low voice.

The king did a quick glance at the envelope on her hand.

"I have been keeping her here for more than a month."

His friend answered his thought. "It is time."

"My lord," Mirialia's low voice interrupted.

Thranduil just stared back at her. She avoided his eyes and let the words came out.

"Diheno nin."  She uttered.

That one thing he had been waiting for her to do, the words he had been waiting for her to say, was finally heard. Hearing it in their language, he felt she was saying it with her whole heart. The king put the papers down on her small table, then faced her once more.

"Go." Thranduil said, looking at the door as it opened.

"My lord?" Mirialia asked with a bit of confusion.