A Day Of Trouble

~~O~~

It was a peaceful afternoon in Woodland Realm.

There were no sign of intruders entering the borders and running amok anytime soon, Legolas noted.

What would cause chaos though, were the two people behind him. Gimli, the Dwarf and Calemir, a little elfling. The dwarf volunteered to check out the northern borders with him, and the elfling came along with Legolas since the prince was a close friend of his father. But his two companions ended up scrutinizing one another.

Gimli was looking at the new patch of trees, thoughts of Treebeard quickly flashed in his mind. Calemir, completely disinterested on the other hand, stared intently at the dwarf.

"Have you not told the king yet?"

"About what, little one?" Gimli asked back.

"About the lady's escape, of course."

"No, I have not. If you were in my place, you would not do it too."

The elfling smirked, "I doubt that."

Legolas chuckled silently. Although he generally liked peace and order especially when he was working, he found Gimli and Calemir's bickering a good source of entertainment. "Calemir, Gimli is a lord. More than a soldier of his land, he is a mercenary of the Just."

"What does that got to do with him telling our king about Lady Miriel's escape with the shining elf? Isn't hiding the truth a lie?"

The dwarf audibly sighed, "You have so many questions today, Calemir. Intelligent ones. But instead of happily cheering you on for being clever, I find myself irritated. So if you please, drop the subject because I do not have any intentions of answering."

"Well, what then is the prince's order?" the elfling looked at Legolas for rescue.

"Little one, it is best if we let Mirialia tell everything to my father."

"Whatever." Calemir rolled his eyes.

"What is it to you that I don't want to tell King Thranduil?" Gimli, showing more signs of irritation, looked at the child.

"Lessening your burden. You escaped with them too."

Score one for the elfling, Legolas mentally tallied.

Taken aback, Gimli glared at Calemir but getting his bearings again, he smirked. "You are intelligent but stubborn as well." He then turned away and waved his hand indifferently, bidding the other two goodbyes.

"Tough one, that dwarf," Legolas remarked, getting back to his work.

"Well?" asked Calemir, waiting for an affirmation.

The prince chuckled once more. He was really entertained. "Good observation, Calemir. Let's go back."

~~O~~

Several trades have been discussed by the Elvenking, together with the merchants of Dale. As soon as everything has been laid out properly, he dismissed the meeting earlier than everyone expected. By the Valar, he'd become soft, he thought in annoyance as he watched his elves escort the men out of his halls.

"I need Tauriel's presence in my office." He ordered a soldier.

~~O~~

Meanwhile, Tauriel spent her time with Mirialia, listening to her stories about the gryphons and Glorfindel. She handed her a robe when they entered the bathroom.

"I will leave you here. The king wants to speak with me." Tauriel said. Mirialia nodded and smiled.

When the elleth left her, she looked around before assuring herself that it was good enough to stay in a while. Putting down the robe beside her, she stripped down completely and dipped her bare foot into the water. Shivering slightly, the young woman forced herself to wade in the water that was close to being colder than Thranduil's death glare.