The Revolt Begins

"No." Mirialia answered in a sharp tone. "It is not my duty to give you pleasure, Grimmond."

The Lord of Heselon grimaced, got off the bed, and walked towards her angrily. "How dare you defy me?!"

Knowing where this would lead, the invisible wind fairies Cielo and Liath wasted no time. They could not let him touch her. As grown-up sylphs, they were able to master their power.

The attack was fast.

Strong winds hurled Grimmond onto the wall. This gave Mirialia a chance to escape and so she stormed out of the room and ran. Flying behind her was Cielo, guiding her towards Gilion's prison.

"This way, my lady!" she said.

As they neared the room, winds of Liath threw the guards outside a large window.

"Liath? You hurled them outside? With the key?" Mirialia said.

"Oh not really, my queen." Liath grinned and pointed a finger up.

She looked up and saw the key floating on mid-air. Grabbing it, she turned to the door and unlocked it. Mirialia stepped inside. The walls were made of rusty old metal, the floor hard cold stone. And on one of the walls an elf was chained, his head bent, long blond hair hanging over his face. His hands were bloody and stained his white cloth.

The queen stared in shock. She must have made some sound because the elf shifted and raised his head. Seeing him, hope has been regained.

"Gilion." she called him.

"Who are you?" The elf's voice was hoarse and dry.

"I'm here to help you."

~~O~~

Just beside the Anduin River, a royal camp has been settled. Inside the main tent, the Greenwood elves listened at Galion's report. From the rebels' hideout to Lenneth's change of garments, Thranduil gripped the armchair of his seat. Like puzzle pieces, he tried to put it all together. But hearing Glorfindel's name, everything was now getting clearer.

"Thranduil," Galion, his butler and cradle-brother said. "the queen might have infiltrated the Royal House disguised as a servant. It's the only way she could have gotten through without being noticed as a royalty."

He stood up from his seat and paced slowly.

"The rebels might have shown her a safe way to get in." Maethron added.

"And that would make Lenneth pretend as the queen, so no one would give her any suspicion once she gets inside the House." Glauron, the Elder said. "However, I still do not understand how Glorfindel fits into all of these."

"If she wanted to win this fight, the rebels are not enough." Thranduil finally spoke. "Glorfindel is with them, which means there's more to it."

"The queen has disobeyed you not once, and certainly not twice. Will you still be tolerating her actions this time, just like how Glorfindel has been doing?" Glauron asked grumpily.

"Who said I will?" the Elvenking smirked. "However, I could not help but feel amused of her clever plan. Though it was not clever enough."

Glauron sighed. "Well, what can I say. She's indeed the daughter of Anvanya. Quite rebellious."

"Oh do not fret, Glauron. She will face her consequences, that I assure you." Thranduil said. "But for now, I want her safety. Galion, bring several troops with you and advance in Carantheas. Make sure the land will be secured."

"As you wish." His butler obeyed and left immediately.

"Grimmond should prepare for his downfall." the Elvenking said bitterly.