His mother and her drama

Maha P.O.V

He had not came home last night and he is still not home. I had dropped the kids to their school.

I needed to buy some grocery so I went to the nearest store.

Scrolling through the list I made on the notes I put in all the stuff I needed one by one in the trolley.

I had to go to the other side of the store to fetch some nutella and gummies for kids and maybe some m&m's for me.

I strolled the trolley to the another alley which consist of all the junk foods. Grabbing some nutella jars and some more chocolaty stuff I pushed my cart towards the counter.

It was noon so the store was sort of empty. I didn't had to wait longer to get my stuff and leave.

The man who worked in the store helped me to load the stuff I brought into the car. I thanked him and gave him some money. As I was about to get in the car an oh so familiar voice stopped me.

"Long time no see daughter in law." I turned my head and groaned. I was in no mood to handle this woman.

"Well nice to meet you. And I hope I never see you again." I turned back to leave but she held my wrist and yanked it back making me stumble.

"What the hell is wrong with you.?" I snapped at her. This woman is crazy.

"You witch. You ate both of my son.!" she was nose to nose with me.

"Atleast I had not sold my husband." I spat at her.

"But you ate one." she snorted. I felt a pain in my chest.

"Isn't it true Mrs. Beckham or should I say Mrs. Malik.?" my blood ran cold at her words. I hated the fact that I am Mrs. Malik. And she knew my weak points.

"Why are you doing this.?" tears were going down my eyes. Her nails were dugging into my wrist I am sure it is bleeding.

She slapped me hard and held my cheeks harshly making my lips pucker out.

"Listen and listen carefully. Leave Uwais, I can bare losing David but I can't let you take my Uwais. He is my son I love him. You are just a bad omen. Leave him before you destroy his happiness. Leave him Maha. Leave him.!" with that she pushed me back harshly and left.

I fell down on the ground feeling so numb.

Leave him Maha leave him.
You are just a bad omen.
Leave him before you destroy his happiness.
Leave him Maha leave him.

"Stop.." I placed my hand on my ears to block the voices out.

Leave him Maha leave him.
You are a bad omen.

"STOOOPPPPP...!!!" I screamed as sob left my mouth.

"Why did you left me Dave.?! I need you..I need you." I cried clutching the necklace he had gave me.

"I miss you David.."

*********************

I don't know how I managed to drive myself back home. I went into the bathroom turning on the shower. I didn't even bothered to remove my cloths.

Her voice were haunting me. But she was telling the truth. I killed her son. Because of me he died. Because of me Richard killed him.

Because of me Uwais is bound with this loveless marriage. Because of me he can't marry his girlfriend. Because of me, this is all because of me.

"Maha.!" the shower was turned off and he picked me up in his arm in bridal style. I was too tired to protest. So I let him take me to the room. He set me down on the stool placed near bathroom.

"Damn girl you are drenched in a cold water. I will sent the maid to help you change and I am going to make some soup for you. I am afraid you will catch cold." he left me alone.

Why does he care.? He should hate me. I had gave him nothing but burden. I had not even treated him like a husband should be treated. The least I could do is to make him happy but I am too selfish to think about anyone but my kids.

Our maid came in and helped me to change. She checked my temperature and covered my body with duvet. She was asking me something but my mind was not able to comprehend.

Uwais came into my room and placed the tray of soup and bread infront of me.

"Maha eat this soup and bread you will feel better. You have no idea I.."

"Why.?" I asked him in my hoarse voice.

" What.?"

"Everything. I never treated you like you deserved. Because of me you can't marry the girl you love. I had spoiled your happiness. I had just burden you with me and my kids.." he placed a finger on my lips.

"They are mine too Maha. I love them like my own. And where the hell all of this is coming from.?"

"Marry her Uwais. I am giving you the permission. You can have two wives. Please don't ruin your life for me." I changed the topic. I don't want him to confront his mother. And I really want him to settle down.

"But Maha..you know your father."

"Don't worry about him. I will be your wife. As long as I am your wife Richard won't make a move. Please just get married already." he let out a huge sigh.

"You know Maha. I love her, she is the best thing ever happened to me and I can't imagine a life without her." he had that dreamy look on his face. I was not able to control myself.

"Awwww, I never knew you had this side too." he chuckled.

"Never say never." he sang as we both laughed.