His Second Wife

Maha P.O.V

After convincing my dad Uwais finally decided to get married. It was hard to explain to my children about all the chaos. They were not fond of the idea of someone new joining us. But when they met Hayat they started to like her.

I was the one to do the arrangements for their wedding strange I know. But I was more like a friend to Uwais than wife.

Hayat's family were disappointed and they will not attend the wedding because Uwais is already married and their daughter being his second wife is not settling well with them.

It will be a small ceremony with intimate family members.

"Maha where are you lost at.? Come down everyone is waiting for you." my mother peeked her head in my room.

"Coming maa. Just a minute." she smiled at me and entered into my room closing the door behind her.

It was a miracle when my mother started to walk again. Doctors had said she will have a slow recovery but she proved them wrong.

"My child, are you sure you want this.?" she caressed my cheeks concern laced in her voice.

"Mom, firstly I am not a child anymore for God sake I am mother of two. And I am as sure as I can ever be."

"You will always be my child don't argue on that and if you say so." she patted my cheeks and left the room. I let out a huge breath I don't know I was holding.

I was fine by him getting married to her but sharing the house and letting her invade our personal space its just something I am not ready for. I don't know how people will react but I was never the one to think about consequences as long as they are happy all this things doesn't matter.

With that thought in my mind I picked my clutch and left the room to join others in our garden where the wedding ceremony will take place.

I was a bit nervous when I stepped into the garden and every head turned towards me.

I was never the one to welcome the unwanted attention.

"What happen is their something on my face.?" I let out a nervous laugh. Everyone turned back to look at the couple standing on the stage ready to exchange their vows. I made my way towards the front my legs were wobbly and the heels were not helping with the situation.

Hayat and Uwais were standing holding hands with Mahira and Danyal either side of them. The maulvi was sitting on the chair placed in the middle of the stage.

 The maulvi was sitting on the chair placed in the middle of the stage

"Finally.! I thought you ditched us." Uwais fake glared at me. I rolled my eyes at him and asked the maulvi to start with the ceremony.

Soon they were pronounced husband and wife. They started to move around to meet and greet everyone.

"Are you okay.?" Miley hugged me from side.

"Yes, why ask.?"

"Just...having your husband's second wife roaming around your house and everything." she gave me a sympathetic look.

I let out a huge breath and turned towards her. "Look firstly I don't love him or anything so honestly I am not feeling any kind of hurt or jealousy and as for her living with us. I guess it will be just fine."

We were cut off when Uwais and Hayat stopped infront of me. For which I was thankful for.

"Thank you. Thanks alot Maha.! I can't explain how happy I am. You made me the happiest man alive."

"Don't you think that last line would have suited me.?" Hayat narrowed her eyes at him. He raises his hand in surrender making all of us laugh.

"But seriously thanks Maha." Hayat held my hand in hers.

"Guys please don't thank me. Its your day just enjoy it. By the way Congratulations for your wedding. May Allah bless you both with long and beautiful journey of love." okay I sounded like a bit granny type.

Miley dragged me with her muttering some profanities.

Uwais had not invited his family the only people joined us were my parents, Austin, Drake, William, Hassan, Troy, Miley and some of his friends.

"I don't like her already.!" Miley complained pushing me down on the barstool placed near the drink stall.

"And Why is that.? You don't even know her."

"Oh please, I had not seen a girl as foolish as you." I just ignored her and took a sip from my kiwi soda.

"How can you let your husband marry someone else.? Like what the hell is wrong with you woman.? That girl over there can destroy your little family. Atleast you should have thought about kids.!"

"Calm down LeyLey, you are just being hyper.! I don't want him to ruin his life for me. We just have a title of husband and wife. We don't even love each other." I tried to reason.

"You know what.? Do whatever you want I am done with you.!" with that she left.

If only you know Miley what my plannings are. All the things I do is just for my kids. And I know that girl don't like me but she love my kids and I can see that clearly. And I hope this love bloom with the time they spend together.

Mahira and Danyal were looking ecstatic meeting and greeting everyone with Uwais and Hayat. My hand went to the necklace David had gave me.

"If only you were here. Things would have been different. I miss you hubby."