06

Scott and Izabela walked in with 3 boxes of pizza and a bag from McDonald's.

"Did y'all know that she doesn't like pizza?" Scott asked as he placed the pizza boxes on the coffee table.

"Ever since we were 12." Izac said laughing

"Dude that's weird, how do you not like pizza?" Zach asked joining the group.

Izabela shrugged as she took out her chicken nuggets and fries.

"Hmm, Scotty what were you and Princess doing that she has your shirt on?" Monty asked wiggling his eyebrows.

"Shut up, I left without changing and my shirt was super dirty, I asked for it." Izabela said.

Monty gave her a look that nobody understood but the two of them. Jeff looked at the two and then at Izac and Izaiah.

"Have I been replaced?" he asked placing a hand on his chest.

"1st of all, your heart is on this side." Izabela said moving his hand over his heart

"And 2nd, I would never replace you let alone with Monty."

"I'm hurt, Princess." Monty said placing his hand on his heart.

"Shut up you don't have a heart." she said pushing his shoulder.

Monty just looked at her and laughed.

"Okay guys, I'll catch yall later. I'm going to shower."

------------------------------

Izabela walked downstairs in shorts and a large Liberty Baseball shirt on. 

"How did you all manage to shower within an hour?" she asked as she plopped down on the couch in between Jeff and Scott. 

"There's like a thousand bathrooms in this house." Monty said. 

They spent the rest of the night watching a baseball movie considering Izabela go outvoted.

"Goodnight guys." she attempted to stand from the couch but she couldn't move. 

She looked to see Jeff's head on one shoulder and Scott's on the other.

"Jeff...Scott...Guys..." She said shaking them and waking them up.

Monty stayed asleep on the sofa, Zach on the floor, Izaiah and Izac in their room, and Jeff went up to his room.

Scott turned to look at Izabela as she turned to look at him. 

"I-uh I'll sleep on the little sofa." he said looking at the quite small sofa as Izabela laughed.

"I fit on that sofa perfectly, you are not going to be comfortable. Come on."

She made a nice bed for him on her floor and the two took their spots.

"Thanks, Izabela."

"For?"

"Not telling the guys you met my mom or that I actually gave you the shirt. I would have never heard the end of it."

"You or me..."

---------------------------------

The next morning the guys had all left by the time Izabela got up so she took her time getting ready and driving to school.

She stood at her locker organizing the books and notebooks she had in them when she turned to the side and saw reading his English book, it looked like he was studying.

Scott wasn't looking where he was going and neither was the boy who bumped into him.

"Shit. Sorry. Sorry." Clay said hastily bending down to pick up Scott's books.

"Hey, it's cool... Are you okay?" 

"I'm fine why."

"Uh, you don't look so good."

"What do you know about it."

"Just that you don't look so good."

Izabela took notice of the tenseness that was radiating off Clay and the awkwardness coming from Scott.

She walked over to the boys.

"Just look out for yourself." Scott said to Clay.

"Hey Scott, oh hey Clay how's it going?"

"Oh Uh, Hey Izabela good, I'll see you around." Clay said as he walked away from the two.

"Maybe you should pay attention in the hallways and study at home Scotty." she said bending down to pick up the last notebook that remained on the ground.

"So about yesterday with my mom..."

"No it's cool, I liked her. She's funny. I'm sure if my mom were here she would have said something embarrassing about one of us to somebody we took home." she said placing a hand on his forearm.

"Plus I think it's cute you told her you think I'm beautiful instead of hot or something stupid like that." she laughed. 

He lowered his head blushing. Izabela pulled him laughing. 

He looked up at her and rolled his eyes.

"Don't let it go to your head Arroyo." He said as he placed an arm around her shoulders.

"I would never Reed." she said throwing her arm around his waist.

"So you two a thing now?" Monty asked as they made their way over to the group.

Scott dropped his arm and Izabela pulled away slightly shaking her head.

"They better not because I beat Reed's ass." Izac said pushing Scott's shoulder causing him to laugh. 

Izabela just rolled her eyes at her brother.

"She's totally into me though." Scott said looking at her through the side of his eyes and nudging her.

She looked up at him with a smirk.

"Yeah, sure I'm the one that's into you. I pretty sure I remebe-"

Scott placed his hand over her mouth pulling her back into his chest.

"We'll catch y'all in first, we have some work to talk about for um...yeah." Scott said pulling her with him out of the school doors and into the parking lot.

"I hate you." he said looking down at the girl,

"No you don't, you think I'm beautifuuuuul. Oh! and funny." she teased.

"You're totally into me though Arroyo." he said placing his hands on her waist.

"Yeah sure, think what you want." She said moving his hands from her waist as she began to walk away.

"Arroyo?." he said walking behind her.

She looked over her shoulder at him smirking.

"You are beautiful though if you didn't already know."

She laughed "So I've heard."

He ran up behind her wrapping his arms around her waist making her laugh.

She pulled his hands off of her as they walked into the classroom. 

"You guys are totally a thing." Jeff whispered in her ear as she took her seat next to him.

She looked over at him and began blushing but shook her head.

"I just got here and he's clearly a player, I don't know if I can trust him." she whispered back. 

She liked Scott, I mean have you seen him? Who wouldn't but he was also a typical jock, flirty and rude. She saw something in him though that continued to draw her towards him. She didn't like Bryce and he is one of Scott's best friends. Monty, she could stand but sometimes even he would get under her skin.

She looked over at Scott who was laughing with Monty and then back at her hands. They would never be more than a flirty thing she thought to herself.