07

Izabela became distant since this morning. She got lost in her thoughts as she had done many times before.

She sat at the lunch table messing with her food occasionally eating a fry.

"What's up with you?" Jeff asked looking down at his best friend who just shrugged her shoulders at him.

-------------------------------

She hadn't talked to anyone since 1st period which was weird because even if she didn't talk to anyone else, she always talked to Izaiah.

"Has she talked to you at all today?" Izac asked Izaiah as they made their way to the gym for practice since it was raining.

Izaiah shook his head as he looked up the bleachers at their little sister.

Izac looked at Izaiah as realization crossed his face.

"What?" Izac questioned.

"Tomorrow is 6 months." he told him

"Oh shit, that's why."

Practice only ran an hour today luckily for Izabela. All she wanted was to go home and lay in her bed.

Izabela made her way down the bleachers to wait for her brothers and Jeff.

Scott came out first and walked over to her.

"Hey, um are you okay? You've been pretty quiet today." he asked searching her face for any sign but nothing changed.

"Oh yeah, just in my head. I'm okay." she said as she played with her hands.

He grabbed her hands in his making her look at him.

"Y-you know you can call me i-if you n-need anything."

"Thanks, Scott, I might take you up on that." she smiled as she made her way to Jeff and her brothers.

She left Scott with red cheeks and a wide smile.

Izabela was laying in her bed in a pair of shorts and Scott's hoodie he had given her when she was sick.

She flipped her phone in her hands looking it over. She continued to scroll through her contacts.

Her finger lingered on one name for a minute before she tapped on his name.

"Hello?"

"Um, hey."

"Hey, what's up?"

"You said if I needed I could call..."

"I did, are you okay? Want to go for a drive?"

"You don't have to come all the way over here Scott."

"Too late, I'm already on my way. Be there in 20."

She smiled when he hung up. Maybe he wasn't like them after all.

She made her way to the living room to see Jeff, Izac, and Izaiah.

"Hey, I'm going for a walk... I'll be back before dark okay?"

"Yeah, be careful."

She walked out to the porch just as Scott was pulling up to the house.

"Hey."

"H-hey."

"Where we going?"

"This park I go to sometimes to think."

They pulled into the parking of the park and walked over to an empty patch of grass and sat down.

Scott looked over at her and saw she was crying.