28

"Alright boys, I'll come back out when I get back home." Izabela hugged all the guys.

"Drive safe and call us when you get there." Izac told her as they walked her out to her car.

"Will Do, love you guys." she walked out and to her car.

She drove all the way back home and went right to sleep because her flight left early the next morning.

Waking up the next morning feeling nervous. 

She stood up walking over to her bathroom, brushing her teeth, braiding her, and walking back into her room.

She got dressed quickly in one of Scott's hoodie and some sweatpants and headed off to the airport. 

She was only staying for 3 days because there wasn't much to do there since she didn't really have friends other than her brothers.

She arrived in New York at 2 o'clock. Leaving the airplane she walked to baggage claim retrieving her bag and calling a taxi.

The taxi driver took her to her hotel where she got out and looked around. She didn't miss the city but she missed her life here. She doesn't regret moving with the Atkins' because her life is great now but she wishes things were different.

She decided to shower and get dressed to then go see her father.

She threw her bag onto the bed taking out a pair of jeans and a grey t-shirt. She then quickly tied her converse and went back into the bathroom to braid her hair once more. 

Hailing another cab she left to see him.

She walking into the sad looking and larger building.

A woman who looked annoyed looked up at the young girl. "Can I help you?"

"Um yeah, I'm here to see my father."

"Name?"

"Ivan Arroyo"

"Have a seat an officer will come and grab you."

She hesitantly walked over and sat down quietly.

"Arroyo" An officer said down the hallway.

She got up and walked down.

The officer pointed to a table in the middle "Have a seat."

About 10 minutes after having a seat the doors opened again.

She looked up at saw him. His face was now covered in hair but he looked taken care of. 

"Hi Papi."

"Princesa it's been so long."

"I know but plane tickets are expensive."

"Oh I know nena."

"How are you papi? Really?"

"The best I can be, I keep to myself, I work and do what I have too."

"Good... that's good papi."

"How are your brothers?"

"Izac and Izaiah are good, at baseball camp which is why they didn't come."

" And Ivan and Ilias?"

She looked down at her hands and then back up at her dad.

"We haven't heard from them since we left..."

"Oh nena, that has to be so hard for you baby. I know how you were with your brothers."

"They just left... it's been Izac, Izaiah, and me ever since. The Atkins' have been amazing and I love them but it's not the same you know?"

"I know princesa, I know I'm sorry." he dropped his head wiping the tears. "I'm so so sorry."

"It's okay papi. Really, I know mami isn't here but I know she's watching over us and I know she's taking care of you in here."

"Times up!" the officer spoke.

"I'll come back tomorrow but then I leave okay." she smiled at him, him returning the gesture.

"I love you princesa, Don't ever forget that."

She visited him again the next day. It was a little easier than the first but she was so sad she had to leave him. 

Walking into the airport she made her way to her terminal to head back home.

She sat down after checking her bags and getting some coffee. Pulling out her phone she texted the group chat: "Da Boys"

"Hey guys, I'm at the airport. I'll be home tonight. See you guys soon." she texted.

"Flight 446 now boarding" she heard over the intercom after about 2 hours of waiting. 

She quickly walked to the gate handed the attendant her ticket and made her way to her seat.

Sadness had washed over her. She began to think about her dad being alone again, her mother possibly being alone wherever she was in Heaven and her being alone on this flight.

The flight seemed to last longer than the first time around.

"We have approximately 15 more minutes until landing." The flight attendant spoke over the speaker.

Once they landed she texted Jeff that she was back in town. Quickly walking out of the plane and out to the airport she collected her bag and head home. 

She walked into her room and threw herself on the bed letting out a very loud sigh. She stared up at the ceiling until her phone began to ring.

"Hello?"

"Hey Princess, how was the flight."

"Hey baby, yeah it was fine. I'm so tired and I-I don't know, I feel like sad? Annoyed? I don't know."

"Aw babe, I'm sorry I can't be there with you right now just to hold you so you can feel better."

"It's okay babe, I'll talk to you later. I'm going to shower"

"Okay baby, Goodnight."

"Goodnight tell the guys I said I love them and goodnight."

"I will Princess, goodnight."

"Night babe."

She hung up with Scott and walked into her bathroom to shower and wash her hair. She felt like the day had lasted 1 year.