Someone's Someone - Chapter Six

Henna....

When I leave dad's, there's most definitely a lightness to the balls of my feet. Knowing that your future is most certainly looking bright, will surely put lightness to anyone's feet, right?

I just feel overwhelmingly grateful for all that I have. As I'm driving back home, it's a feeling that continues to stay with me, and it's a feeling that soon somehow drags my thoughts back to Danny.

The homeless and isolated Danny.

The Danny who doesn't seem to have a bright future ahead of him at all. I think back to his initial guardedness. Then I remember the dark sadness that was being stubbornly camouflaged by his dark brown eyes. Most people probably have never cared to even see it, but I saw it. So as happy as I now am feeling, I can't forget those sad spheres and the loneliness that haunted his quiet voice.

I know people don't understand.

I know they think I'm mad.

But I want to help Danny.

Maybe because he did save me, that is why I now have this overwhelming need to save him? It's just who I am. I am one of those people who likes to save things. Admittedly, this will be the first homeless person I will have tried to work my magic on, but I'm going to try regardless.

I think that's why I do my job. I didn't have the emotional strength to be the paramedic that I had always intended to be, so the next best thing for me was an emergency call handler.

I am calm under immense pressure. I am helpful in life-threatening situations. I give advice and support until the ambulance arrives. Explain lifesaving advice over the phone. I am tactful and sympathetic. Sometimes, just being a kind voice at the end of a line, can incredibly help.

Caring, is just who I am.

It's just not in me to not care, much to the frustration of my dear daddykins, of course.

I can't look the other way.

I can't ignore.

I can't not care.

It goes against everything that I am.

Which is my reason for knowing that I'll go and find Danny again.

Once I'm at complete peace with my decision, as soon as I'm parked up behind my flat, I quickly send Fi a text.

Do you and Jimmy fancy a few drinks tonight?

Don't care where, just need to let my crazy curls down.

Love Henna xxxxx

In the time it took for Fi to get back to me, I'd had a soothing bath and conditioned and combed through my long and time consuming curls.

We will pick you up! Be ready for 7, we'll be in a taxi that will take us to the Harbourside for some fun fun fun!

Love Fi xx

**

I've gone for the Olivia Newton John look—leather look leggings, pointed ankle boots, a black Bardot style top and my blonde conditioned curls all loose and long down my size 12 back—I do like it when my hair behaves.

And I like going out in Bristol Harbour, too.

It's somewhere that has a trendy and eclectic mix of museums, galleries, exhibitions, bars, nightclubs and sought after apartments—all within waters reach of many permanently berthed boats.