Someone's Someone - Chapter Eight

Henna....

I purposely didn't have too many gins last night. I've wanted a clear head today, because if I do manage to find Danny, I'm determined to find out more about him. It's so odd, but I find myself actually looking forward to seeing him again. Every decision I seem to be making just lately, is guiding me to Danny. Funny thing is, I'm happy to be guided to him. So with my curls loose and still behaving, I head out of my flat with jaunty strides.

Not a lot of the local shops are open, but the ones that are, I have a little mooch about in. Makes me look like I'm actually doing something normal, other than looking for Danny in dingy doorways. After nearly an hour, I'm beginning to lose hope. I don't know why, but I've been looking forward to seeing him again. I have so much going on inside of my head, and I feel he's the only one who can settle those restless thoughts. Feeling a little dejected, I decide to go and buy myself a little breakfast. There's a small little café that is one of the rare ones who is open on a Sunday, I've been a few times before and know that they do a really fab fry up. After walking just a couple of hundred yards, a familiar pair of black Timberlands soon come into view, poking out of a doorway. As I get closer still, I see familiar cushions. It's Danny!

With light, almost skippy strides in my converse hi tops, I am keen to go and talk to him.

With a big smile on my face, I come to a bouncy stop right in front of him and those black Timberlands of his. "Morning!"

His head lifts really quickly, wearing a surprised smile on his tired-looking face. "Morning." He pleasantly answers as he hugs his knees against him. "How are you?"

Kneeling down, I am again almost bouncing on the balls of my feet. "Hungry."

His brown eyes blink back at me, like they're expecting more. "Right." Is his hesitant reply. "Then you had better go and feed yourself."

My smile doesn't fade from my mouth, not one bit. Giving his legs a quick little tap, I say. "Yes, we better had."

"We?" Danny asks, confusion now there in his chocolate eyes.

I pat his legs again, grinning. "Yes we!"

"Where?" Danny asks.

"There's a nice little café just up here."

Danny looks down, looking quickly overwhelmed with disappointment. "The café owner knows me, he won't let me in."

With a determination spurring me on, I dismiss Danny's worries with an assuring smile. "We'll see about that." Comes my stubborn statement.

Danny cocks his head to the side, like he's studying me or something. "Why are you doing this? Why are you being so nice?" His voice is so quiet; quiet and controlled.

Looking him dead in the eye, a silliness soon comes over me. "I can always come back when I'm near to my period, I'm not so nice, then?" My lips twitch, straining to smirk. But Danny is still studying me intently, so I stop messing around and tell him what I think he needs to hear. "I want to, okay?" Leaving no room whatsoever for his pride to start arguing back with me.

As Danny starts collecting up all of his things in the doorway, he mumbles with a smile. "You're mad."

Feeling like I've accomplished something really amazing, I grin at him broadly. "So you keep telling me."

It doesn't take him long to be standing with his rucksack looking all full and heavy on his back. "I'm telling you now, that café owner won't let me in." Danny tries to convince me again.