Someone's Someone - Chapter Twenty Four

Henna....

Danny has obviously seen me loading the car, and when he realises that I am also upset, he is soon by my side. "What's happened?" He asks, desperate for me to look at him.

Feeling a little ashamed of my red and puffy eyes, I carry on loading my car, not wanting him to see them. "I'm fine, really I am."

But Danny does something that stops me from doing all that I am doing—he just holds me. "You're not fine, you've been crying." Then he holds me even tighter, just wanting to ease my stinging eyes with a comforting cuddle. And just like that, my eyes do start to feel better. They stop stinging as much. Danny has magic arms. A magic cuddle. When he feels me relaxing against him, he talks with me still in his consoling hold. "Is it Keith?"

My reply is softly shattered. "Yes."

Still, Danny holds me tightly against himself. "I thought it was." Is his quietly confident reply.

"How do you know?" I sniff, just wanting Danny and I to stay like this for however long it takes for me to stop feeling so crappy.

"Because he's watching us and looks like he really wants to kill me."

A chill of sudden unease rushes right through me. "Really?" Pulling away from Danny, I look right into KB's, and there, I see Keith's locked and loaded stare on us. For a mere and panicked second, I stare back, then I drag my eyes away to carry on loading my car with the rest of my things. "Let's get out of here." Is all I mumble, bending down to lift a box to put it into the boot of my car.

I know Danny is watching me, I can sense him behind me silently doing it. But I keep on loading. Behind me, there is Danny. To the left side of me, inside KB's, there is Keith. It's all too much. So, my silly tears decide to return. I don't even know why I am crying? My stupid tears don't even really know why they are falling. But as they fall, Danny is once again there for me. "Henna, don't cry." Again, I am held hard against him. Only this time, it's powerful and far more protective. "What's the deal between you two?" He enquiringly asks, keeping his voice low and tender.

Sniffing hard, I rub my face into his shirt. "There's no deal between us. That's why Keith hates me."

Stroking my back, Danny can't hold me any tighter than he already is. "He doesn't hate you, Henna...no one could ever hate you." Then, ever so slowly, he draws back and puts a little distance between our bodies. As soon as he does this, I find myself unable to normally breathe. Unable to now cry. It's the first time I have actually looked at Danny since dropping him off at the barbers. It is to be the first time to actually look at the man who I already knew had a lovely face beneath all that untamed hair surrounding that very lovely face of his. But now, now I am able to see so much more of that lovely face. It's not just a lovely face anymore, it's now a breathtaking masterpiece. A living and breathing masterpiece that makes it hard for me to simply inhale, then to simply exhale. Just like Danny's magical arms made me feel better, his magical brown eyes now possess the very same gift.

My tears, stop.

My breaths, stop.

Everything, stops.

"Henna...you okay?" Danny's face is twisted up with concern as his fingers clasp around the top of my arms.

From an overjoyed place, from an overjoyed and truly enraptured place; my words are expelled in a trance-like way. "It's you." My eyes roam every inch of his new yet familiar face—his shorter and sexier stubble beard, his majestic jawline, his flattering haircut, his robust cheeks and his masculine forehead—I indulge myself in them all.