Someone's Someone - Chapter Thirty Three

Danny....

I have started watching Henna while she sleeps. It's a habit that I've kind of just fallen into. I enjoy the silence. I enjoy the silence being wrapped in only her. It is she who often sleeps beside me after one of her long shifts at work, and whether it's day or night; I am strangely the one who feels like he is always dreaming. After all that has happened. After all that I've done, I still get to be with Henna—my beautiful Henna.

I now just want to enjoy Christmas with her. Then, I'll start looking for a job in the New Year. It was her father who suggested that I fully heal before looking for a job. He's helping me with references, in the hope it will get me back into permanent full-time employment again.

I know I won't be able to walk into a job like I used to have with  Oneal Shipping, but I am happy to start all over again. Start from the bottom, then work my way back up.

So that's the plan.

New Year.

New life.

Henna herself also has plans. She wants to start looking for a house, and I want to be able to contribute towards that house. I will work hard, to have that lovely home with Henna. My pride would be crushed to dust if I couldn't do that. My heart, wants to give Henna everything. It wants to make her happy. I believe I can do that. Physically, Henna is beautiful. Emotionally, she is even more beautiful. Mentally, she's beautifully intelligent.

We share the same values. We share the same dreams.

I don't know, with Henna; I just feel brand new.

Having her in my life, in my world; feels amazing.

My happiness no longer has boundaries. It's no longer penned in by my past. I feel stupidly happy. Stupidly happy and excited for our future. The whole depressing time I was on the streets, I couldn't see past the doorway I was in. Louisa had wrapped up her revenge in a pretty package and convincingly delivered it right into my father's lap. The life I used to have, was destroyed. So, I didn't see a future for me. No way of ever getting back some kind of normal and independent life. But Henna changed that. She came into my life with compassion and a smile. It was like I had been shown the yellow brick road by her. She showed me hope. She showed me a future. In her smile, I saw an us. And still, whenever she smiles at me, I need to take a second. Just one thankful second for being the one to have that gorgeous smile of hers.

Still, I need to breathe that little more deeper when I see it.

Still, it excites me.

Still, I am falling in love with her.