Someone's Someone - Chapter Seventeen

Henna....

Danny has been with me for three days now. Although he is slowly getting better, relations between me, my dad, Keith, and now Fi, are certainly getting no better. They all think I'm being incredibly stupid and reckless with my safety. I've been pleading with them all to help me, to help him. I keep telling them until I'm blue in the bloody face, that Danny isn't some raging alcoholic or some damaged druggie, he's actually a man who used to manage a shipping company near London, and now, he's simply a man who could really do with a break in life. And I, want to give him that break. I just cannot understand for the life of me, why they don't want to do the same.

Instead, they're all treating me like a child, and treating Danny like an unwelcome guest. I think if Danny could actually get up and leave, he would. He's uncomfortable with the awkward glances and even more awkward silences from both Keith and Fi. He has been politely ignoring the accusatory whispers and the unhidden mistrust of him. Frankly, it's annoying and really uncalled for. So now, while I'm off during the days and working the graveyard shift for the next few nights, I'm going to temporarily move myself and Danny into my dad's. There, Danny will at least have his own room to recuperate in, and I, won't have to share a bed with Keith Costner anymore. His overprotective impression of a nightly bodyguard, has sadly wore my patience very thin.

I know, he's just looking out for me.

I know, he cares.

But I also can't help but think that he's merely using Danny as the reason to remain in my bed, whilst scoring really big chivalrous points with my dad and Fi. Well, I've had enough. Keith needs to hear the truth about us, whether he wants to hear it or not. Which is why I have also decided to start looking at properties to buy. I'm going to use the time that Danny is recuperating at dad's, for me to prepare moving onto the next chapter in my life. Keith is wanting something from me, that I'm just never going to be able to give him. And once I have told him that, I just think that living in the flat, is going to become really unbearable. If I'm not living above KB's, Keith will also be able to finally move onto the next chapter of his own life.

He deserves that.

I want to give him that.

He may not thank me for it right away, but one day, I know he will.

Hey, I'm moving in with my dad for a bit. There's not enough room at my place, so me and Danny are going this afternoon. I know you think that I'm doing the wrong thing, but I believe I'm doing something so right. Danny once helped me. Now it's my turn to help him. At some point, when you're ready...we really do need to talk about us, Keith. Thank you for looking out for me, I know you've only been doing it because you care. So, thank you for that.

Take care, I'll be in touch.

Henna x

I re-read my composed message to Keith, over and over again as I sit quietly on the edge of my bed, the same bed that now has masses of clothes and underwear messily all over it.

Does my text sound too formal?

Does it sound ungrateful?

Does it sound distant?

Those are the questions I ponder over. Forcing myself to not overthink my text, I just quickly send it. Send now, think later. That's what I tell myself, knowing that I have to really crack on with my packing. Dad will be here soon, reluctantly so. I've kind of got my daddykins over a fatherly barrel, you see.

He too, isn't at all happy about Danny staying with me. I have been feeling claustrophobic at my flat, and no doubt, Danny has been too. If it wasn't Keith coming up once he'd finished late at the bar, or Fi coming over unannounced, as soon as I came home from work, it was dad constantly calling me to check whether or not Danny had harmed me in some grisly and appalling way. So before Keith Costner came to do his body guarding of me last night, I called my dad with a daughterly proposition—let both me and Danny stay with him.